Sunroof Leaking - Bad

eduncan911

Registered
Aiight.. 95k miles, 1995 model. Very suddle signs the car has been damaged (paint looks perfect though! either they sprayed the whole car or I can't tell). I bought the car with a blown engine, and the car sat for almost 3 years until I finally put an engine it in last month. Of which I finally get to drive it (never drove it before). That first "test drive" of getting it on the road was in a downpour. I got soaked. So obviously, this has been leaking for sometime before I got the car.

If you have the sunroof back and bring it forward to close (where it flips upwards), this causes the worse gap/leak in the rear! If I am parked slightly downhill, this method of closing definantly ensures I have a lake waiting for me in my car the next morning.

If you have the sunroof popped up and close it (by moving it down), this gives the best seal. But still a few drops.

The sunroof's glass in any closed position looks slightly raised in the front (about 1/8" up). I think this is where my wind noise is coming from as well.

I'm thinking (haven't consulted the manual yet) that the sunroof is mis-aligned. Any tips or advise on this? A friend said there is a seal kit that is available (he knows Mark VIIs as he owns two, one 9s one and one stock with twin turbos). If so, anyone know where the best place to get this?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

RE: Sunroof Leaking - Bad

Check your manual for alignment procedures. I would probably replace the seal around the glass. I don't know if parts are available through ford for your sunroof, might want contact max at 5 star. If not, try [http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/]
Good Luck.

Phil

Back