Removing lettering from neon taillight

Huggybear

Old Guy - Few Posts
The lettering on my LSC's neon panel has lost most of the chrome plating. I think the light would look better without any letters anyway. Do the letters just peel off cleanly, or will it leave some unsightly attachment points underneath? They feel like they're just glued on?

RE: Removing lettering from neon taillight

I've seen it done and it looks very nice and clean when the letters are removed.

I've been contemplating doing that, for the clean look, but if i do it i know i can't go back, so i'm hesitant. Post pics if you do it.

Looks great Chad! I removed my lettering last night, but I have yet to polish up the lens.

I don't like the plain look. I think it looks better with the Mark VIII lettering left on, and remove everything else

What about the letters on a 1st gen, are those also stick on.

I'm torn. It looks good with them removed, but it looks good with them on also. I think i'll leave them on, since you can't put them back on when you remove them.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
What about the letters on a 1st gen, are those also stick on.
[/div]

Yes and no. They are stick-on, but they have plastic posts as well.

On a second generation at least, there are no plastic posts or holes to contend with. It's strictly a peel off backing that you then apply to a clean surface. If you're careful removing the lettering and you're a real patient person, you could put them back on with a contact rubber cement.

http://members.tccoa.com/lastmrk/Images/lastmrk2.jpg

I made some changes on mine seeing as it was so EZ to do. I left the MarkVIII on the left and the LSC on the right. Looks more balanced and says what it is "MarkVIII LSC".

Back