Mequires NXT car wash

Trixie

Staff member
I tried using this stuff today, and felt like it left lots of marks on my car. Anyone else have experience using this stuff? It was easy to wash with, but I'm very disappointed at the marks left on the car.

RE: Mequires NXT car wash

Yeah, I probaby used too much soap. My fault. lol dj, I was talking about the soap, originally, but I did just get done using the wax, and I don't know....

Well, I picked up the NXT wax today since everyone raved about it. It was stickier to come off than the IBIZ. Car looks good from afar, but there's just something about it -- it didn't even get rid of all the water marks. I'll have to see how it holds up, and I do like that it doesn't seem to leave as much extra crap as the IBIZ, but time will tell.

Leo, they weren't streaks, it was definitely water spots everywhere. Too late for pics, I kept buffing it with a towel, and you have to look close to see the water spots. The spots seemed to show up and stay on the car even after I used the absorber to dry the car. I've just never had anything like this on the car before so it rather surprised me. I was wondering if that's cause of the NXT car wash.

I'll try again soon, and see if the same thing happens.

But I still do like Ibiz.

I use the NXT car wash and wax and love them both. You only need a couple of capfuls in a bucket of water. When you rinse the car off take any spray ends off the hose and let the water just run out of the hose and a lot of the water will just run right off without leaving much on the car. Then wipe the rest of the water of with a Absorber, micro fiber towel or a leaf blower and blow the excess water off. The NXT wax works well if you put it on very thin so it looks like you barely have any on then wait 15 to 20 minutes before you buff it off.
If you want good info on Meguiars products go here: www.meguiarsonline.com there are many people there that will be happy to help.

98 Mark VIII LSC
04 Honda Pilot (Wife's)
00 Harley Softtail

I talked to Sharon, she washed her black Mark in the sun :eek: that is also a no-no if you have hard water. The water by me is not too hard, but I think I will give that Mr. Clean thing a try, even I just use the filters to fill up a bucket of car shampoo and rinse the car off.

Our water isn't too bad here, and I've never had a prob washing the car before like this, but yeah, I might have used too much soap. Oopsies.

I was happy with the wax, not like when I get the car detailed, but it was a nice look and seems to be holding up.

I, too, wanted to try that Mr. Clean thing, but I didn't find it at Pep Boys when I went to buy the car wax.

I tried the Mr Clean thing and while it worked as advertised it also left the unpleasant effect of some kind of "film" on the car. After using the windshield washer and wipers the windshield was an ugly mess! I had to go around and hand clean all that stuff off the windows...they don't tell you about that...

John
[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
NXT won't get rid of water stains, you need something a bit more aggressive than that. NXT is good but I prefer Zaino, I think the Zaino shine is much deeper. NXT is easier to use but I don't think it layers as well as Zaino. I use NXT on Fran's Seville and Zaino on Moose.Ibiz is junk, leaves residue, and does not last.I haven't tried the NXT car wash but I can't imagine what streaks a car wash would leave unless there was something in the towel or sponge that smeared. Too much soap might be the problem too, you really don't need to use much. If you can take a picture and post it Sharon I can email it to Mike Phillips at Meguiars to see what he thinks.
[/div]

Just keep spending your entire weekends putting on layer after layer of that zaino crap.
I'll put my IBIZed paint against your 800 hours of labor zaino paint any day of the week.

And you can show all the BS trophies you want.When no one else enters the full size luxury 2 door field but you, in a car show, your GOING to win every time.It doesnt mean you have a show worthy car.

Back