Trunk emblem/lock cover came off...

DrkMrk

Registered
It's not broken but it looks like it was spring loaded does any body know how to reinstall it??

RE: Trunk emblem/lock cover came off...

If the cover came off, it's dealer time. They have to drill out the old part and pop rivet in a new one. I believe, the part is held on by a couple of 1/4" rivets that only the dealer has the tool to replace. Screws won't work. You need the smooth surface of a pop rivet to let it work.

Forget that then ::roll:: Thanks John i guess i can tear it apart and use my tools at my shop (I'm a City bus Mechanic) we have all kinds of neat tools.... and if not I'll Epoxy it back on and hope the trunk solenoid never fails or that the Battery dies...LOL :D

Or you might consider buying a new cover assembly. I bought mine from Five Star Ford. Around $30 if memory serves...

Sounds reasonable where are they?? and is it hard to R&R it??

Five Star Ford is in AZ, they give good discounts to LOD members, have excellent service, and they should be listed here:

http://mark8.org/lod/links.htm

R&R is pretty easy - you have to remove the center tail light panel by removing a bunch of speed nuts (from the inside of the trunk lid). Just be careful when removing the taillight panel - support it in the middle so as not to break it in half.

There might be a procedure posted in our archives...

-Scott

Back