Removing Exterior Door Handle

blacktbird

Registered
Does anyone have any experience removing the exterior door handle. We had an ice storm here in kentucky and be stupid and knowing better I pulled too hard on the door handle and it broke. Now I can either reach through the passenger side to open the door or I have to use a screw driver to pry open the handle I think that I can get one pretty cheap but I am not sure how to remove it. If anyone could provide some insight that would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

RE: Removing Exterior Door Handle

I opted for a local body shop to do it for me. The replacement part was only primed. So the dealer suggested I let a body shop do it for. They have all the tools and did the paint too of course. In and out in day... Not an expensive fix either.

Good luck.

Somewhere on this web site are dirrections for R&R of the door handles. Search for them. The local dealer wanted over $200 to fix mine. I bought one used (www.car-part.com) for $25 and painted and installed it myself (using the directions).

If the handle is broken (my drivers handles is almost all the way out on the left side) is it most likely just the handle that is broken or could there be broken pins and springs involved as well?

Luke D.
'95 Ivory Pearl Base

Back