9 hours later

Alowishus

Registered
Like Scotty I had nothing to do today and I’ve wanted to try a few new things on my car, so 9 hours later I’m done… (Had a beer or two in-between those 9 hours so it wasn’t STRAIGHT 9 hours) Anyhoo, I washed it using a new (to me anyway) sheepskin mitt; nice, I really liked it; I thought it’d leave hair behind but it was OK.
Next I clayed the car, it REALLY needed it, WOW what a difference, easier than I thought too. They say to use a plastic bag, but you could feel it w/o the bag, what a smooth surface it left. Then a borrowed a friends dual-action polisher and used every Menzerna polish, wax, glaze, sealant, and goop they make…I’m stunned…if I hadn’t have backed into a park car when I 1st got the mark (small chip in paint on rear bumper) it’d look like a show car, tomorrow I’m going after all the black trim, and gonna use a metal polish on the rims. Again I can’t believe it’s MY CAR, I never really had any feelings about the pearlescent paint, I still hate the interior colors though, but I can’t wait to see it in full daylight…
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

RE: 9 hours later

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/549.gif
[/div]

I know, I know...

(hangs head in shame)

I've got none, it was to dark, all you'd see is glare from the flash. Tomorrow... once I get the trim done.
Also, I think of myself as reasonably intelligent, compared w/ a room full of Forest Gump’s, but I can’t seem to post pics, any time I tried in the past "it don't WORK".

(head hangs lower)

::nono::

I swear by the clay bar. The paint feels like a baby's butt afterwards and the paint jumps like a juggy on a trampoline. Throw in the couple of beers you had, and you, my friend, had a near perfect day with your car.:p

The pics didn't come out as well as the car really looks, but I'll try to post them when I get home, do you need to have them on a server or a box open to the internet?::wtf::

They can be hosted on a open connection to the internet or they can be attached with a limit of 3 attachments per post as well as a size limit. You may need to resize them for attachments to a post.

Well here goes.::roll::

Man...it is SOO SMOOTH, very time I get into the car I run my hand over it. If I had known this was what it would be like I would have done it alot sooner, now I'm hooked, I'll always do this to all the cars I own.

Wow, just ran across this post...car looks sharp. I'll ahve to do this to my car in a few weeks when the roads aren't so salty. ::wtf::

I also have a 98 Ivory Pearl. I love how the paint seems to go from white to biege in the right amount of sunlight.

Your Mark looks amazing, congrats!

Curious, though, what's this 'clay bar' you guys are talking about? I've been washing/waxing my Mark with "zipwax" and it's seemed to be okay.

Thanks!

The best is when your parked under a pink neon sign, or out right around sunset....and people ask you if your car is pink. ::nono::

Back