good paint shops in MA?

95blklsc

Registered
Well I left my car at my friends house when I went to NYC for the weekend. While it was there her dad decided to clean it off when it snowed, nice gesture, but bad outcome. Problem is he took a bunch of f***** paint with it!! 3/4 of the panels of my car (which had nearly perfect paint) are scratched to ****. Big scrapes right down to metal. I'm so pissed, the car looked so good for a 10 year old car when it was all waxed up, most people would ask if it's new. Now with all the scratches it looks like a piece of ****. The only panels not effected is the front bumper (which needs a paint job anyway), and the drivers door. Anyway, I know of a good shop around me but they are pretty pricey. I'm having it looked at tomorrow, but I'd like to get some other estimates from shops that are known to do good work. I won't settle for a half *** pait job, only factory of better. I hope her dad pays for the damage he did or his nice rx-8 will look like a scratched up piece of **** in a few weeks, not kidding either.

So any good shops south of Boston? I'm really thinking in a few months I'll put doing a complete repaint of the car, I don't have the money but it absolutely kills me to see it like this. I spend so much time and money to keep this car in mechanically near perfect shape it's terrible.

RE: good paint shops in MA?

good idea from the hot rod club. I'm going to check that out.

Also I went and got an estimate today. There's a good place I know of locally. I only want a VERY good paint job, most places around me are terrible. The place I went to get an estimate at is my cousins brother in law. The cars that come out of that shop look better than new, it's amazing. Especially compared to the other examples of repainted cars I saw today to some lousy bosy shops.

Anyway, he quoted mt $1700 to paint the panels that were scratched. But he didn't reccomend anything less than a full paint job because it would make the rest of the car look bad. That includes the hood, both front fenders, one door, the trunk, the roof, and one rear quarter panel. He Said $3k total for the whole car. I've got to impress the fact that this is a top quality place, the paint jobs I saw were just stunning. Not even a hint of orange peel on black cars in direct sun, totally beautiful.

How do those numbers sound? I think they are on the high side but the jobs look great. I sure as hell hope her dad pays up for what he did. I can afford 1300 to get a full paint but not 3000 to cover what he screwed up. Any thoughts guys?

Back