Real MARK VIII color

iowncars

Registered
I have a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII that I bought three months ago from a dead man's daughter. I looked everywhere on the car for repaint and know for a certainty it is not repainted. The color is pink>lavendar>burnt orange. Called Bronze Nightmist. Ford put this color on a few 1993-1995 vehicles.

Does anyone know how many Mark VIII's got the color and the breakdown per year?

I have check several fan websites and couldn't find any info on the color. I ended up emailing for and they checked it out for me.

Thanks,
iowncars

It's not how much money you make, it's how you spend it! ~my Dad

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
-Only one that I know of that is Bronze Nightmist Clearcoat Metallic!

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1735.jpg

RE: Real MARK VIII color

I think that when you check out the color codes, you will find that it is "GK", rose mist.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
It does look a little like rose mist but, according to the color codes list, rose mist was a 94 color only.
[/div]
The color is Bronze Nightmist Clearcoat Metallic from everything I have researched on many fan websites, this must be the RAREST Mark out there. I am considering not even building it but letting it remain stock to keep it value. I talked to the FoMoCo research team and they sent me a letter with color and some of the options that came with my vehicle from the factory.

Please has anyone else seen a car like mine? Meaning of course the same color?

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Yes, my color code is DP. Is this the only Mark VIII with this color? If so, then I have a very rare Mark. Even rarer than the 97-98 special editions and spring editions etc...

Maybe I should find a different Mark to mod?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Good advice. I guess I can take all my extra's back off and put the originals back on.

And I agree that the color options need changed. If anyone else has his color, please inform me so I know how many there are. I love the color.

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

I'm sure, given enough money, you could've had FLM build you one with any color you wanted.

After all, remember the pink Mark VII? :p

As far as modding, you may as well do what you want with what you have. If you think it's an investment, you bought the wrong car.

JP
I agree with you. These are not going to appreciate in value as a true collector car so let the Mods begin and enjoy you new ride. Start with the J Mod and cooler as it will definetely make your car alot more fun to drive and it helps keep the tranny living as well.

JPI agree with you. These are not going to appreciate in value as a true collector car so let the Mods begin and enjoy you new ride. Start with the J Mod and cooler as it will definetely make your car alot more fun to drive and it helps keep the tranny living as well.
[/div]
Can someone explain the J-mod to me? Everyone talks about it but never cites a site. Thanks

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Thanks I will be doing the J-mod hopefully as soon as this semester slows down. Maybe a couple weeks before finals. Thanks for the help

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

I have a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII that I bought three months ago from a dead man's daughter. I looked everywhere on the car for repaint and know for a certainty it is not repainted. The color is pink>lavendar>burnt orange. Called Bronze Nightmist. Ford put this color on a few 1993-1995 vehicles. Does anyone know how many Mark VIII's got the color and the breakdown per year?I have check several fan websites and couldn't find any info on the color. I ended up emailing for and they checked it out for me.Thanks,iowncarsIt's not how much money you make, it's how you spend it! ~my Dad1993 Lincoln Mark VIII-Only one that I know of that is Bronze Nightmist Clearcoat Metallic!http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1735.jpg
[/div]

See the three attachments to this post.

I have a 94 Town Car and the color is called "Rose Mist." I've seen it on a number of Ford products from that model year - all the Lincolns, Mercury Sable, Ford Taurus among others. The one pic is where I had a chance encounter with an owner of another 94 LTC.

The color is very versatile. In dark light, like these pictures, it's much darker.

[div class="dcquote"]I have a 94 Town Car and the color is called "Rose Mist." I've seen it on a number of Ford products from that model year - all the Lincolns, Mercury Sable, Ford Taurus among others. The one pic is where I had a chance encounter with an owner of another 94 LTC.The color is very versatile. In dark light, like these pictures, it's much darker.
[/div]

The color of yours is definitely not the color of mine. Mine actually looks burnt orange in the light. Sometimes it looks like light milk chocolate, other times pink and lavender. Yours looks pink almost constantly. I have never seen another FoMoCo product this color that I remember, however, I have seen quite a few like yours.

THANKS for input.

I talked to FoMoCo research team, and they told me the color is Bronze Nightmist Clearcoat Metallic (see Signature).

Once again. If anyone happens across a car with the same paint color as mine. Please post pics. THANKS

Back