Tires for a 94 Grand Am

Trixie

Staff member
The kid was supposed to post this but he's too lazy I guess.

He needs new front tires for the 94 Grand Am. 205 55 16

Living in the Chicago area, we need tires that are good in snow and rain. Any suggestions?

Oh, we can go with just 2 tires can't we? The back ones actually are fine (guess he's been doing burnouts lol), and in fact, one of them is actually fairly new. Those are Coopers, and I would be a really mean mom if I made him get Coopers again...

RE: Tires for a 94 Grand Am

We ended up going with the Dunlop SP Sport A2's. There were other tires, and Hubby probably would have been a better shopper than I, but I took a look at them and they were just so pretty...

Hopefully he will one day actually talk to us here (if I ever get off the computer and let him have some time) and he can post his comments about the tires.

We did just get the front two, but his shock mounts need replacing or repairing before they can align the car.

Why thanks Norm. Good suggestion, I'll check those out. :)

I actually know someone who purchased them and she said they are great.

The dunlops are ok tires. Lots of people with contours run them, and its a fairly similar car.

You can always just replace two tires, as long as you understand the compounds you are mixing... ie, if you have some super soft compound and throw some hard touring tires on, you're not going to have the same level of performance....

Scott

Back