Expedition

redn8

Charter Member
Paid Member
I just purchased an 03 Eddie Bauer Expedition.

This thing is huge. I feel like I'm driving a bus. It's a beautiful vehicle and rides and drives great.

I'm hoping to break the 15 mpg soon.

I got 0% financing. I'm only paying $40 more per month than on my Explorer which I bought new in 95.

I love the number 0. Is 0 a number?

Now is the time to buy, there are some great deals out there.

RE: Expedition

Norm, Congrats. I loved my Expedition and will be getting another as soon as the lease is up on the mini-van. The wife insisted on a mini-van, and exactly one week later, admitted the mistake. 3 years of mini-van misery. Take your kids 4-wheeling. They will love it.

P.S. I do like the new dodge wagon though.

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

I’ve kinda got to agree with Sandy here at least in principal, some of these new breed of crossover sport utes look to have some real possibilities IMO particularly if you are part of the 99% of sport ute customers who isn’t likely to really do much if any off roading.

Congrats & good Luck.
I think that Lexus is ugly. Go look at an Infiniti FX450 !! That is OUTragious! (Just not my kinda wheels - I much prefer my Town Car).

http://www.infiniti.com/content/model/ModelGallery/0,,24508,00.html

LoL I was just looking at that and asking myself ‘who the hell would buy that’ reminds me of an armadillo every time I see it. They are originally copying the Lexus RX300, which is the best selling SUV in its class btw. I thought it was a waste of a new Infiniti product. I loved the Lexus mainly because of the Interior quality, and durability.

Having said that, we owned a LX470 a few summers ago, and its off-road capabilities are amazing. (We used it in climbing sand dunes, loads of fun. or at least that’s what my father doesn’t know)

The problem with the new sport utes is that they're no good off road. So what if it can go through sand, snow, mud, whatever... as soon as you smack it into a tree you're going to be pissed. I've taken out trees, and trees have left their marks on my truck, and i chalk it up to "battle scars"... no biggie. Not to mention branches scraping the side of the truck, and the fact that mud and sand are highly abrasive. For real 4 wheeling you need a beater.

I agree about having a beater but I like to look like I'm ready for off roading. I think to enhance the look I'll buy a brush guard. If someone puts a scratch on my guard I'll kill them.

My friend put a brush guard on his ranger. The first time he took it off road he "tested" it. It didn't hold up. Neither did the tree, but the bar on the bottom of the brush guard had an evil bend in it.

I guess it just all depends on what choices you have around you for where to go 4wheeling. Around here the off roading terrain is hilly, nothing too big but enough challenges if that’s what your looking for with some rock crawling but mostly with a mix of different soil types. Underbrush can be a problem for that pretty new paint job but the truth is if you took that Expedition out for a Sunday drive in the woods and stuck to already established trails and paid attention to all the clearances you’d probably enjoy it.

Normy is just your typical garden variety ya seen 1 ya seen em all problem child

And an all around equal opportunity kinda guy, he’ll pick on anybody }>

Normy is just your typical garden variety ya seen 1 ya seen em all problem child

And an all around equal opportunity kinda guy, he’ll pick on anybody }>

I have no favorites, I don't like anybody.

Back