Does anyone know anything about saturns??

Hotrod

Registered
other than how junky they are that is... I am having trouble with my cruise control...once in a while it works fine, others it won't work at all, other times it works for a while and then just quits, and then theres times when i set it and it just keeps accelerating (my feet are no where near the pedals and i'm not pushing the button to make it go faster) i have the extended warranty on it that covers the cruise but i first have to have my mechanic go through and test it out and then call and see if the warranty co. will pay for it..if they don't i'm stuck with the bill for them checking it out whether i have them fix it or not :( I NEED MY CRUISE CONTROL! I can't afford any more tickets... any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated! :)

Josh

98 Saturn SL2 Gold/Tan w/55,500 miles

RE: Does anyone know anything about saturns??

Josh,
Don't think this will help, but I can remember having those same problems with a Chevvy Celebrity back in 1988. Is there any reason to believe they never fixed their problem? GM just never listens!! No, we never fixed the problem. Just never bought a GM car again and never had that problem again.

Josh,

I use to have a 95 SL2. Same thing happened to it as well. Dealership tried 3 times to fix problem, but never got it right. If i were you I would look into a new car. Saturns have nothing but problems.

Thats what i was told before i bought the car they're all junk...don't buy it.. i wish i would have listened, i would love to get something else, and almost did over the weekend, a 2000 taurus i had the paper work all filled out and was waiting to hear back from the loan ap and got the same answer back from everywhere the dealer tried... not enough credit history...and unfortunately my parents won't sign for me to get another car... they already signed for 2 even though they said only one plus they want to buy a house and eventually a truck for dad... i guess i could always attempt to put an aftermarket cruise on or just have someone else drive when i go somewhere but that takes all the fun out of owning a car oh well...maybe next time i'll learn to research my cars better before buying one and actually try a few different ones out before i decide on a certain car...i always said before i would never get a gm because of the troubles we had with the 82 celebrity my dad had when i was growing up that thing was broke down more than it was on the road...dad works for chrysler and would love to see me driving one of those but with there tranny problems i don't think i want another one the only vehicles i've had that i haven't had any major problems with was the 93 mark viii and the 88 f150 my parents also had a 90 sable that they bought new and never had any real major problems with it...i guess people make fun of fords cuz they're jealous that they're superior quality to the rest big 3 :p (no offense to the gm or chrysler workers on the board)

Josh

Do you have any other problems? How does it idle?

Kale

the only other problems i've noticed is a small leak at the valve cover gasket, it idles ok for a 4 cylinder, but i would prefer it were more smooth...when i have my stereo turned down at a stoplight or sitting still or while driving down the road with the clutch in I can here some of the trim pieces on the inside rattling, especially the drivers door panel and the glove box.. any ideas? I'm going nuts! it does go to the shop on tuesday for them to take it to another shop to check it out (because of me buying it at the ford lot i took it back there first for service however they don't have the right equipment for saturns they have to take it to a local pontiac dealer)

Josh

98 Saturn SL2 Gold/Tan w/56,000 miles

I bought a new 1996 SC2 in late 95, drove it for 5 years until I bought my mark8.

I thought it was a great car for the money (15k) and never had any serious problems. Since it was just a little coupe there were after a few years rattles on the interior but I had some extra stereo in there so I never noticed LOL.

It was hard walking away from it and handing that Lincoln salesman the keys. As I climbed into my mark8 for the first time (as owner that is) I thought, I wonder how long I will miss my little Saturn. Answer: about 1/4 mile.

DC

94 Mark VIII, Black / Black

Pardon me for crapping you thread, but Saturns are good for people with extremely bad anger problems (read: angst), seeing as how they are made out of plastic, you can kick 'em all day long and they wont dent.

Now, i heard the older ones, before '95 had bad oil leak problems, other than that they "SHOULD" be somewhat reliable cars.

uuuuhhhhhh

you just dragged up a buried memory

my 96 developed a rear main seal oil leak, and the fixed it under warranty, it was so hassle free I forgot about it. The dealer found it when I went in for an oil change, I didn't even know it was there.

And yeah the panels would take it but the paint would get scuffed :/

94 Mark VIII, Black / Black

so far it seems that my door panels resist dents fairly well my hood has a few dents on it though. my cruise works great now...the control module for it went bad which caused it to not work right... the warranty company did pay for it :) which made me very happy! the only real complaints i have now is the great loss of power after the a/c is turned on (there really isn't much power to begin with but it really hurts it when the a/c is on) my other complaint is that the "dent resistant" panels aren't RATTLE resistant as my stereo makes everything rattle like crazy!! oh well...i guess its not as bad as i thought at first...but i do still miss my mark viii very much!!

Josh

Back