"Mini Cooper"

Was Fuz

Registered
Hi All,
My daughter has been in the VA hosp for about a year now, resulting from trauma in Bosina.
She will be released in about a month, and has requested some information this little car, as she will be buying one or a simliar car before she return to college this fall.
I know nothing of this car, and no one around here does.\
Any infor would be appreciated.
Thanx and best to All.... Fuz

RE:

RE:

Hey Jack, I don't have a lot to say about the Mini, 'cept what I've heard on Click and Clack(NPR Auto repair show). They had a poll or something on the 'coolest' car and the Mini won(go figure?). I figured these two clowns would run this import into the dirt, but they had nothing but praises to sing on the Mini Cooper.

RE:

RE:

I've heard the same as was stated in the article. The mini is a troublesome little car and posts a much higher complaint number than other cars 166 vs the 133 average. But supposadly they are getting those fixed. They also only have about 70 dealers so getting service and parts might be a hassle for quite some time. On the other hand critics rave about how much fun it is to drive.

RE:

RE:

I think that the most attractive thing about it, it that it's a very small car, for people who like such, and in today's market it's priced at the lowest end of the scale. Yet, if one WANTS THEM, the car offers options found only in much higher priced cars, and not ever offerred at the $20,000 level. Items like heated seats, leather, traction & skid control, remote illuminated keyless entry, cassette & C.D. changer with really good speakers & sound system and lots more,such as Supercharger, heated exterior mirrors, automatic temp A/C, dual pane glass, power glass moonroof, recaro seating, rear parking assist warning, trip computer, just to name a few of the more than 50 options! I did the car on Kelly Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com)
and with full tilt boggie options, it MSRLPs at $23,000. Giving people in that price area option availabllity for cars in the $40,000 range.
But in an accident with an SUV??? Death Trap!

RE:

RE:

At least the current incarnation of the Mini is BMW built. That should say quite a bit about quality. Also, as mentioned there are more creature comforts available than most cars have available. A neighbour of mine has one and she loves it.

They've come a long way since I owned a Mini - waaaay back in the '70's (when I actually used to have hair!)

http://mark8.org/users/neilster/album/69-mini.jpg

This was the first car I bought with my own hard earned money. Yup, I paid an English gentleman $500.00 for it and drove it for 3 years.

RE:

RE:

Hey Paul, what else would you expect from the Detroit News?{j/k}

I complain about my cupholders too - on my '91 LSC. But, I don't drink Latte' and I don't recall 20 oz. soda bottles or supersize big gulps in '91 - just 12 oz. cans. :p

I'm not taking up for the Mini, I wouldn't have one if I won it at the local radio station give-away. I'd trade it or sell it and buy another Lincoln.:)

RE:

RE:

the Mini is BMW built. That should say quite a bit about quality.

You took the words right out of my mouth. My other car is a '92 BMW 325i and I love that car. Shes barely broken in at 89,000 miles.

RE:

RE:

Went for a ride in a Mini. Rides like a Lumber Wagon.

Edmunds Review says:

Ups: Chock full of standard comfort and safety features, stylish inside and out, fun to drive.

Downs: Not enough horsepower, uncomfortable seats, limited passenger and cargo space, price quickly rises with addition of options.

Don't know if I'd want to be in a car wreck in one of those little things either...

RE:Mini Cooper

Mini Cooper gets "T-Boned" by Excursion"_________________Finish the headline!

What excatly does a Lumber Wagon ride like? I have never been atop one :)

Don’t know whether this belongs here or in media review considering there’s a bit of a behind the scenes look at the Italian job but a few questions and answers none the less.

http://www.miniusa.com/

Sandyboy,

A Lumber Wagon rides very much like the Trans-Am convertible you had.

No way!!!! Could NEVER EVER NEVER be THAT bad. In the T/A they delete the shocks & springs and save money by welding the axles directly to the chassis and stick the wheels on the ends. Triple :(

Thanx to all for the input on the "Mini Pooper".

Thanx Art, the movie sounds veugely familar? Fuz

Back