I just bought another car

sleeper

Former LOD President
It's a truck, actually. I got it on Tuesday. I picked up a 1991 Chevy S10 4x4 with 5" lift and 32" tires, with a 4.3L and a 5 speed, decent body, good mechanicals. Sony CD player, two MTX subs (they're like 6" or 8" though), and aftermarket wheels. $300. My friends are pissed at me for finding such a good truck so cheap. It does have 190k on it though, and needed a new wheel bearing (so bad you couldn't drive it, but i already fixed that) and two new tires (the fronts were torn up because of the wheel bearing). I also have to fix some rust where the door hinge mounts on the passenger side. But it starts and runs fine, everything works, the suspension is fine except for what i already fixed. I think I could get $2000 out of this truck if i put two tires on it and clean it up. But i'm going to hang on to it to haul stuff, tow stuff, and drive in the winter.

Now i'm going to try to sell my '78. So if anyone in MI is looking for an off-road truck with a solid driveline, let me know. I've got it parked out front with a pretty big number on it right now, we'll have to see what i can get for it.

RE: I just bought another car

It has two good 32's on it, and if i take it off-road, i don't plan on flogging it too hard (it could never stand up to what i can throw at it, it has a pretty crappy IFS lift). For the sake of economy, i'm putting the same tires on the front. 32x11.5x15 BFG T/A KO's should do just fine.

RE: I just bought another car

Drop a V8 into that sucker :)

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 - Scarlet Red coupe
[FONT COLOR=RED]>*> [link:www.markviii.org/~tonymueller|Tony's Internet Garage] <*<[/FONT]

Back