One of the Vette's sister's sell

jayello

Registered
Yesterday at the Bloomington Gold Barrett-Jackson auction, Dave Burroughs '67 L-88 coupe sold for $615K to Roger Judsky. It has 12 original miles and is one example of 20 built at St. Louis. In the picture below you can still see the window sticker.

While $615K sounds like a lot of money, it seems that Italian exotics can fetch a lot more. Take for instance, one '62 Ferrari 250 GTO, one of 39 built, that a few years ago was auctioned off for slightly less than $3 million. I guess the price of these toys depends on which money bracket you're in!!

The link to where this thread was posted is http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31677&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I plan to stay nice and quiet about it and not pop my head in. In case your interested I'll give you some background information on the seller. He is a extremlly wealthy individual from upstate Illinois. At one time, before he started to age, he would buy 2 corvettes of every year. One of them would be trailerd home, and then put into the garage to sit. This wasn't an ordinary garage either. It was stacked about 10 cars high and stretched for what seemed like miles. But he would have 2 vettes of each year. Now that he is getting older he is actually selling a few of them off. This guy doesn't only collect corvettes though. He basically has a candy store when it comes to some of us. About 7 years ago a friend of the family bought a Cheyenne III (aircraft) from the guy. It was the lowest time Cheyenne in the world, and still is to this day. But the plane sat for years before it was bought. The guy was so willing to get rid of it he put about 1/4 million dollars worth of repairs into it just so he could sell it. And on the plane ride home with the new owner buttons (ok, only one) popped out of the panel and flew halfway back in the cabin. Keep in mind this is a 9 pass plane. Now this same plane is in immaculate condition and is debatebly the best Cheyenne III in the world.

It is quite a shame that he buys these cars and other vehicles and then just lets them sit. He doesn't do anything with them.

Just thought some of you might be interested in this.

RE: One of the Vette's sister's sell

Good Question... I would say its not quite as rare, but others would argue that is is more rare.

Mine lists like this:
Sunflower Yellow (NOT sunfire)
black leather interior
427/400
factory air
tri power
telescoping wheel
bolt on wheels
SoftRay Tinted Glass
redline tires
30,8XX miles
(13 made in this configuration, 8 existing)

The one that sold:
Rally Red
black leather interior
427/430
single carb
telescoping wheel
regular rally wheels
AM/FM Radio Delete
(not sure if it had the SoftRay Glass or not)
Made in St. Louis, MO
12 miles
(1 of 20 made in St. Louis)

The only thing that really sets this car off is the mileage and that it was made in St. Louis

I know a guy that buys ascMcLarens and just lets them sit and......Aw, Never Mind...... :)

Yes and no. There are almost countless variations of the engine that Chevy put into these cars. Well, not countless, but somewhere close to 10 different variations. The one that sold did not have tri power. What is listed on that site is correct... i believe. I don't remember it being called a L71 though.

damn, $615k. why is it that the 67's have so much more value than the 68's? my dad has been doing some research and found that he couldnt sell his l88 for much more than $80k. hes thinking about just selling the engine and building a hotrod with whats left.

Wow,

Nice toy. I remember when I paid 3000.00 for my first 1969 427/390. I was 18 years old. h'mm brings back some good feelings
Tightens the stomache muscles. :7

Back