Lemon Explorer Saga Done...

RRocket

Registered
Well if anyone recalls I was telling the story of one of my best friends getting his chain jerked around by Fords with his $54,000 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Everytime you come to a stop when it's cooler than 60 degress, it stalls. Has been in the shop so many time, it's unreal. Ford refused to acknowledge there was a big problem, insisting they would eventually get it right. Well after 4+ months of trying it still wasn't right. So he said he wanted another Explorer, and even offered to take a loss and get an Escape Limited...anything to get rid of the lemon. They gave him the run-around. He WORKS for Ford's in the skilled trades dept...and yet the still were dicks the whole way through. Every avenue was followed..letters, phone calls, meetings...both at the dealer level and with Ford themselves. Finally today he wrapped it all up. He told them they would lose his business on Ford's forever, and they didn't seem to care on bit!!!

He picked up his 2004 Mazda 6 today. (sort of still a Ford...but..) He said right off the get go, the dealership treated him different than a Ford dealership. They even opened up today just so he could pick his car up! (trust me..no Ford dealership would do that here!!). About the car. What a fantastic car! Since he lives next door to his dad, you are able to test the Mazda alongside his dad's 2002 Lincoln LS. The Mazda is every bit as good as the Lincoln. The only edge going to the Lincoln was the cabin was noticeable quieter. The Mazda was about as quick too, handles very nicely, and was loaded with every option. The Mazda looks even better in person than in photos...the electric blue colour is stunning in person. The car looks alot more stout in person than in photos. Cost for the loaded Mazda was $34,000 (all values in CDN). The only offering Ford has near the quality and content is the Lincoln LS....but that's almost $20,000 more (his dad's car was a shade over $52,000). Overall I was very, very impressed. It's a fine car. Has anyone else driven one??

RE: Lemon Explorer Saga Done...

It is 33% Ford, I think that is around the amount of shares Ford owns in Mazda. So much for making a statement by not giving Ford any business.

Who buys an Explorer for $54K??!!?!!!!!!

You can freaking get a Land Cruiser, or a Lexus GX470 for that much.
or if you have the domestic fever, get an Escalade.

Who buys an Explorer for $54K??!!?!!!!!!

You can freaking get a Land Cruiser, or a Lexus GX470 for that much.
or if you have the domestic fever, get an Escalade.

That is in Canadian dollars.

is there no lemon law in canada?

Back