Buick Turbo T diecast setup

steve

With "LOD" Since 1997
I put together a nice shop diorama set up for my Buick Turbo T (1:18 scale) dicast car. Before I got my Mark VIII I owned this same car the only difference being I had T-Tops on mine. The two post lift came with the drain pans and the shop set up came with a bunch of tools. The tools and lift are made of diecast as well.

Any other diecast collectors?

Click for pic> [link:community.webshots.com/photo/31851708/75915678ZtJzkQ|Buick set up]

RE: Buick Turbo T diecast setup

WOW, that's really sharp Steve! Great setting and detail work, nice job.

Steve,
EXCELLENT JOB,
I'm a big diecast collector my self and the best that I set up was a 66 GTO on a trailer (1/18) which I used to own. I do have a nice collection of 1/18 & 1/43's
I checked out the pics from your collection.... IMPRESSIVE!

Steve,

Cool detail.
Did the dealer offer a promo of the Mark VIII. Does anyone know?

Very nice, Steve. I checked out a couple at Carlisle on Friday and was going to get them the next day. Both were Franklin Mint models but they gone by Saturday afternoon......You snooze, you lose :(.

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Me. But you knew that, Steve. I have not bought any in a long time. I am out of room to display them, and they are turning into dust collectors.
I cannot post (nor do I have any photos) but I have a Dodge Stealth in every color it came in, as well as a C5 Corvette in every color that they ever came in.
No car that I have ever owned has come in a die cast model. A group of us were trying to talk Maisto into making an ascMcLaren, but in the 11th hour they decided not to :( That kinda closed the door & locked it for my interest in the hobby.

Kinda funny. The first thing I thought when I saw the photo was "hey look, It's a Buick in its natural habitat". Up on a lift being worked on......

Very cool.
So the small block chevy on the stand, is that on the way in or what? :+

Steve,

Cool detail.
Did the dealer offer a promo of the Mark VIII. Does anyone know?

As far as I know there was only a plastic resin model (see link below) of a 1st gen mark that was made. It had to be hand assembled. I look in to seeing what it would take to try to get a dicast Mark VIII made. First Ford would have to license it and then you would have to find a company to make it. It would not be cheep to have it made just for the club so there would have to be enough interest to sell a lot of cars for the company to invest in it.

http://www.mark8.org/lod/models.htm

Steve,

Thanks for the response on the Mark VIII models. I also have a lot of diecast collectables!
It would be nice to have a diecast version or even a plastic one.
Thanks for the links I'm going to see what plastic one I can get if anything.

Good one Dave!!! I guess Steve is behind the counter.

By the way - anyone who hasn't clicked through Steve's photos of his diecast and auto model collection - you should. It is like seeing the face of the spirit Himself.

Maybe I don't get out much - but this has got to be one of the most solid collections of model cars I have ever seen pictures of. He has more money on glass cases then most jewelery stores.

Do the tour by clicking on his link (above) and then tell me you aren't impressed. I'll call you a liar...

Back