any info on the Crown Vic

viiiball

Registered
I have posted in a few posts that I am itching to buy a Crown Vic Police interceptor,the local Ford dealer sells them in silver white and my fav,black,it has the spotlight but no other police lights and also doesn't have the plexiglass insert seperating the front and back seats ,this thing looks mean all blacked out and all,I haven't gone to talk to the dealer yet and wanted to know what you guys know about this,do they even sell them to the general public,with some aftermarket wheels and a few mods you could have one heck of a ride without paying the Mercury Maurader $$$.I mean the Maurauder looks and is a BAD car! but i am partial to the Vic.What a sleeper!right now I am just thinking about it,because I would have to part with the Mark and thats a hard decision,the last 2 days little things are messing up with my Mark and I get mad at her but then I forgive her...man if she knew I was even thinking about trading her in! LOL
Any info and pics would be nice,hey Geno how bout a photoshop Police interceptor.

RE: any info on the Crown Vic

You have ZERO chance. They only sell them to towns Police Forces, NEVER to the public. They also come in ANY color a person wanted, they have no paint restrictions on them. Anything used anywhere at any time, except UPS Brown, Mary Kay Pink, Westinghouse Blue, Cutty Sark Yellow or any other "owned" color. Otherwise, the sky's the limit.
Oh, and minimum quantity is a dozen ! :)

You have ZERO chance. They only sell them to towns Police Forces, NEVER to the public. They also come in ANY color a person wanted, they have no paint restrictions on them. Anything used anywhere at any time, except UPS Brown, Mary Kay Pink, Westinghouse Blue, Cutty Sark Yellow or any other "owned" color. Otherwise, the sky's the limit.
Oh, and minimum quantity is a dozen ! :)

Unless this is a new rule (in the past year or so), you can always buy a BRAND NEW PI CV. Im pretty sure, and if you want to double check, ask the guys at www.crownvic.net

The Crown Vic is built in the St. Thomas, Ontario assembly plant.

The PI versions are availble used at the Ontario car auctions on a regular basis, with 100,000 KM or 62,000 miles on them, but usually beaten nearly to death. They make good project cars since they usually are not rusted or physically damaged, just really USED.

I just assumed that he wished to order a brand new one from the factory. The wording seemed to indicate that to me.
Used, they run thru the used car auctions here in NJ, and yes, they are beat to death. Many have 100,000 + miles on them. Sometimes you can find a Fire Chief's car, same thing, but red & white usually.....they are no where near as beat & used up.

Im not sure about the factory, but there are many places where you can get a BRAND NEW CV PI. Ebay, and some dealerships.

I will actually be at the St. Thomas Assembly plant on Tuesday August 5th (my company provides Torque monitoring and SPC data collection equipment) and will ask them if they know if the PI is available as a
regular factory order.

Olathe Ford here in Olathe Kansas has them and you can buy them,My friend owns a security company and he bought a couple new ones from their inventory.I have gone and checked them out (When the dealership is closed)They even have window stickers.I'm not trying to insult other peoples intelligence ,cause i know you guys know more than me,just relating what i know.

One other thing you should know about PIs (and state and federal property in general):

All used fed (and most used state) property is FIRST offered to other fed /state agencies (at favorable prices) before it goes out to the general public.

In other words, the good stuff never reaches the market. I would be willing to bet that most "surplus" PI vehicles on ebay have been through at least two agencies.

For example, the Missouri Highway patrol retires their cars before 50k miles, and follows the above policy:

http://www.mshp.state.mo.us/HP32p001.nsf/By+Title/Patrol+Vehicle+Fleet+Sales?OpenDocument

You will definitely be taking a step down in performance and luxury, especially with a Police Interceptor. I don't know why people want these cars with vinyl bench seats and no carpet and the lowest luxury level. And I personally don't think they perform much better. The package is mostly just durability items. I used to have a crown vic (1989) and it was a pretty nice car. Rode great, nice interior for the era, and very durable. But, slow, couldn't take a corner, and solid rear axle. Your Mark will kick its butt in every way. And I know that she senses your unfaithful leanings. Unless you can really justify it, I would keep your Mark, or just get a Regular crown vic and black it out. At least you will have some carpet. Maybe volunteer at your friend's security company so you can have one to drive every so often.

The Mark is staying...needs sunroof adjusting and just put on new rotors and brakes she is turning around but thanks for the info on the CV.

Back