2002 Mercury Marauder Convertible Concept , SOLD!

RE: 2002 Mercury Marauder Convertible Concept , SOLD!

"......CANNOT be licensed for use on public roads and is for display purposes only....."

"......The mileage on the Marauder Convertible Conceot vehicle is unknown due to changes in the instrument panel for auto shows..."

"......The Supercharged 4.6L DOHC V-8 engine is fully functional to permit the vehicle to be moved, but has been modified to prevent the concept property from being driven over 25 miles per hour. Also, because this is a concept property, there is no convertible top mechanism included....."

Sounds just like one of Sandy's cars.

It wouldn't be too tough to get it licensed for road use. You just need a different VIN. Find a wrecked Marauder, get a salvage title, switch VIN's, and you're good to go. Don't wreck it though, you won't have full coverage. If anyone asks, you used the parts from the concept to do a one-off custom job on the wrecked one. And talk to the right people and it won't be hard to get that sucker moving.

37k wow... for a car with unknown milage, and cant go 30mph... LOL

look at the left exhaust pipe... way too low!!

"......CANNOT be licensed for use on public roads and is for display purposes only....."
[/quote]

BS.

Im driving a Ford concept prototype Mark VIII?

It was a BITCH and 5 hours to get titled!!
You should have seen the lady's face at DMV when we handed her a MANUFACTURERS Title from 1992!!!!

The Director of NJDMV (Who was called over immediately) did tell us that the laws for such cars being registered and titled varied from State to State.

We had to have a special inspection and all!!

http://www.maxrpm.com/y2ktag10.jpg

37k wow... for a car with unknown milage, and cant go 30mph... LOL
Yes but if I read it correctly the money was going to a charity. So really not that bad of a deal. IMO

If I ever make it out that way can I take my own pics and have a ride too?

Better yet, someday I'll drive my Mark out to you so you can play with modding it. And I'll drive the SuperMark home. It'll be an even trade for a few weeks till you finish with mine. :)

Geno,I forgot but what is the engine set-up in the prototype?And could...oh I don't know...maybe the same set up be done in a 1995 Mark?Not that I got the $$$$ just curious.BTW love that car,has seen track use and post the time slips!

Back