Junkyard Car #3 update.

ONEBADMK8

Registered
RE: More pics of it in its proposed poisition

I saw that one in a salvage yard the other day. A metalic blue GTX with the 440 motor missing, too much frame rust and the floor pans were too far gone. Maybe if it had been a Hemi car it would be worth restoring.

However, I'll give you $2.00 for it as is, after all it'll probably take $10-$15 to restore it like new from the box ;).

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

I saw that one in a salvage yard the other day. A metalic blue GTX with the 440 motor missing, too much frame rust and the floor pans were too far gone. Maybe if it had been a Hemi car it would be worth restoring.

However, I'll give you $2.00 for it as is, after all it'll probably take $10-$15 to restore it like new from the box ;).

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Well Bill this is a Hemi R/T GTX Buddy, missing engine/trans, good floors, frame is "OK", trunk pans are rough, your gonna have to cough up more like $15.00 for the car and probobly $35.00/$40.00 for the resto.

Ill tell ya' what though, after that you will have one fine Ride !!!!

Looks pretty good! The only thing that's not all that realistic is the roof. It looks a little TOO torn up. From a few feet away, in that one shot, it looks really good, but if you get up closer it's not as realistic.

Good work though, Geno! I'm sure it's a lot more work making a car look like a realistic wreck than it is just putting it together with the instructions.

Looks pretty good! The only thing that's not all that realistic is the roof. It looks a little TOO torn up. From a few feet away, in that one shot, it looks really good, but if you get up closer it's not as realistic.

Good work though, Geno! I'm sure it's a lot more work making a car look like a realistic wreck than it is just putting it together with the instructions.

Man Dave you're not kidding about that! It takes 5 times longer to do a wreck then a clean good build!! I thought it would have been just the opposite?

Yeah Im not too thrilled with the roof on closeups, but in person from say 15 inches it looks great! I have to work it some more, and remove more of the tattered roof.

This is just one of my reference pictures.

http://www.fisherautotrim.com/vtopbefore.JPG

Gino;

Do you not have anything else to do :)?

I think your reference picture is my first car, a mid 80's marquis or crown vic. Sorry just had to throw that piece of useless information in. Great work though. Not knocking your work or anything but I think the roof doesn't look as realistic as it could be because it doesn't look like it was orignally one piece (a one peice vinyl roof). It looks like you are using multiple pieces alligned vertically and you can tell where they meet. I can't imagine how you would make it look like one complete piece and still be able to create the effect of it peeling back. What are you using for the roof material?

David O'Donnell
'97 Mark VIII LSC "Maxine II" (RIP Maxine I, 5-16-03)
'91 Mark VII BB "Monica"
'67 Thunderbird "Molly"

Oh that is a 3 piece set up. I did it just like the factory, one large middle piece and two smaller enr pieces with a seam.

That is how they rot. Ive researched this pretty well. They curl, split and peel, they always split and peel fron front to back like it is in the pic.

Heres the tutorial from where I got the info from:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~modelcartech/vinyl_top.htm

Its just not looking 100% yet? Im going to remove more material and rip more as well.

I guess its because the grain in the tape then because it lookes like all the tears (splits) are horizontal to the body lines. I would assume that they may tear diagonally to the body lines. I may be wrong, I took care of my top so I never had that kind of a problem. Maybe take a picture directly from the top instead of the angle shot. BTW, you know I was only kidding about the cat remark!

David O'Donnell
'97 Mark VIII LSC "Maxine II" (RIP Maxine I, 5-16-03)
'91 Mark VII BB "Monica"
'67 Thunderbird "Molly"

I know you were kidding! LOL!

Back