Gixxercart !? I am speechless !!!!!!!!!

RE: Gixxercart !? I am speechless !!!!!!!!!

RRocket will especially like this.

Im getting one of these at ANY cost!!

http://www.travisharrell.com/gsxrkart.wmv

Jesus Christ......a 140 mph sheet of plywood ride. Germany has gobs of go-kart tracks all over the country. I've run on about a half dozen or so around Frankfurt alone. Even on the shorter indoor tracks you can hit 40 mph and "drift" your way around the track. What a blast, no 5 hp Sears Briggs and Stratton jobs there (LOL).

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Last weeks news, but i watched it again anyway :). That is so badass. I think it'll do a little better than 140, too, considering your run-of-the-mill shifter kart can top 100.

I still think i'd want a roll cage and a 5-point harness. But that would add to the weight :(. Time to take a welding class and start looking for a totaled hayabusa.

the best motor to use is a mid to late 80's gsxr. they are air cooled and very light. they use them all the time in quarter midgets. when I blew the motor in my 89 gsxr 8 years ago i played hell trying to find a motor because these guys are buying them all up.

My Buddy run's the Micro Sprint cars with Bike engines.

His is powered by a Honda R6 and it FLY"S !!!!!

I drove it on the street in his town and my GAWD How fast!!!!!!

actually geno, you are right. they are not quarter midgets. that is what my ex used to race when she was a kid. its the sprint cars that use the bike motors.

It's OK...but the oil cooled mills suffered from heat soak badly. We had a nicely made bike known as a 7/11...a 750 frame, with an 1150 engine in it. Weighed 430 pounds WET!! The engine made 152RWHP (over 90 torque!!) on the first run. The 145RWHP on the next, then settled down to around 140ish. So the heat really bothered those engines. But they are stout. I was given the responsibility of being the one to do the top speed run. It was geared for around 202MPH. I hit top speed nealry bouncing the limiter.....it was a wild ride. But when we raced it at the track, you could feel the frame flex when ridden hard, near the limit. And it was nasty, mean an generally very violent with regards to high siding. If you were hammering and in mid corner, and the frame started to flex, and the bike started sliding the rear, if you let off too much on the throttle...you were high sided so high, that you could see the next county. It was like a catapult that thing. I bet if I could have timed it right and fired myself off just "so", I could have touched the lights that lit the track...LOL....

It's OK...but the oil cooled mills suffered from heat soak badly. We had a nicely made bike known as a 7/11...a 750 frame, with an 1150 engine in it. Weighed 430 pounds WET!! The engine made 152RWHP (over 90 torque!!) on the first run. The 145RWHP on the next, then settled down to around 140ish. So the heat really bothered those engines. But they are stout. I was given the responsibility of being the one to do the top speed run. It was geared for around 202MPH. I hit top speed nealry bouncing the limiter.....it was a wild ride. But when we raced it at the track, you could feel the frame flex when ridden hard, near the limit. And it was nasty, mean an generally very violent with regards to high siding. If you were hammering and in mid corner, and the frame started to flex, and the bike started sliding the rear, if you let off too much on the throttle...you were high sided so high, that you could see the next county. It was like a catapult that thing. I bet if I could have timed it right and fired myself off just "so", I could have touched the lights that lit the track...LOL....

Sounds like fun!!!!

Lucky Bastard!! LOL!

This Guy is now making a "Busa Kart" now that will be SCARY!

You are sooooooo right about heat soak. It usually took a month to regrow the hair on my inner legs. I am thinking about selling it this winter. Not a chance I will be able to sell it during the summer in this florida heat. That 7/11 combo you mentioned is awsome. It was not uncommon in my circle of friends during the early 90's.

Back