WICKED New Car ride!!!!!

RRocket

Registered
Well my long-time roomate and friend showed up un-announced at my work. He told me he wanted me to test drive his new car. (previously, said roomate showed up with a Ferrari 550 Maranello belonging to a friend...I REALLY disliked that car. Rackety interior, horrible shifter, blind spots, crappy tunes and 8MPG!! It was fast..but the sound of the engine was glorious. Apart from that I was unimpressed). Roomate moved out about a year ago to open a new business out of town, so I don't see him often...a couple of times a month, max. I asked him if he traded in his stuning nicely modded Acura NSX. Affirmative. So I walk to the bay doors, and can only see HID lights shining into the shop. When I arrive at the car...OMG...it's a 2002 Porsche Twin Turbo. Do I want to go for a drive??...DUH!!! First impressions: Man..this is a VERY comfortable car. And it's very mellow when just driving in traffic. And the suspension is so nice...maybe only a hair more jarring that my Mark. So I go to a deserted stretch and do a roll-on. Teeny, minute turbo lag (I was really bogging the RPM just to see) and that an ENORMOUS thrust that is so powerful it's difficult to put into words. No drama, no wheelspin, not overly loud, just THRUST. Tons of it. Absolutely mashes you back into the seat. At around 100MPH, I put the brake to the floor. I have never been in a car that stops faster. You can literally feel your guts moving forward. It was an odd sensation. So now here it comes. The "from a dead stop" blast. Bring up the revs slowly, then drop the pedal and mash it all at once. Holy..well you know. Again..no wheelspin just instant forward thrust. First gear happens so fast, then 2nd, then 3rd,..and before I know it, I'm doing nearly 250KPH. This car is super fast..but the fact that it is so quiet, so smooth, so linear makes it seems all the quicker. I wonder how fast it would go in the 1/4...and he produces timeslips that say 11.71 (hit the track after he bought it!! Returned 20MPG on the ride here) I have been in faster cars (10 second stangs, etc), but this car feels faster than what it is. It is definitely the fastest, most refined road car I've ever driven. It is the only car (10 second stang included) that gave my body the same sensation as my 9.90's ZX9R racebike gave me. It is an astounding car. At an astounding price. Nearly $160,000 once the tax is all rolled in. An incredible car. I had a smile on my face all day....

RE: WICKED New Car ride!!!!!

i dont care if u drop the entire price of a turbo porsche into a mark, u still dont have an awd turbo car. well, unless thats what u spent the money on...

RE: WICKED New Car ride!!!!!

Yes,thats true,but with a Porsche,every one Expects awesome performance,but with a Lincoln,you have a killer sleeper,just imagine the jaw droping factor.....

Back