Mystery Engine #3.

RE: Mystery Engine #3.

Hard to tell at this angle but....1953 Corvette "Stovebolt" inline six? Although, I can't see the three carb setup. More than likely a 240 CID I-6 from a Ford pickup truck since it's painted blue.

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Hard to tell at this angle but....1953 Corvette "Stovebolt" inline six? Although, I can't see the three carb setup. More than likely a 240 CID I-6 from a Ford pickup truck since it's painted blue.

** Bill **
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Its not a Ford.

it feels like a chevy from '28-'31 like from the bussiness coupe but painted in the wrong color...

it feels like a chevy from '28-'31 like from the bussiness coupe but painted in the wrong color...

Its the right color and YOURE RIGHT!!!

In the description I hinted that it was one of the first of its kind.

For those of you dying from suspense, here's the answer:
It's a 1929 Chevrolet 6-cylinder. What makes it so special is that it was the first year for a 6-cylinder overhead valve Chevy to be made. How's that for obscure information?

The other anme for it is the 'stovebolt six' right?? The ones that I have seen are that typical chevrolet reddish-orange with a silver oil pan, but its your quiz!

Hard to tell at this angle but....1953 Corvette "Stovebolt" inline six? ...................................

Well, I was close. Only last year instead of first (LOL).:)

** Bill **

The other anme for it is the 'stovebolt six' right?? The ones that I have seen are that typical chevrolet reddish-orange with a silver oil pan, but its your quiz!

Thats exactly right.

Back