Mystery Engine #4.

RE: Mystery Engine #4.

Are you sure this isn;t part of the 'Junkyard Diorama' Post?? I dont even know where to start on this one....

Ok,how about an aircraft engine,for a ww1 bi-plane I saw a similar one @ the SMITHSONIAN but I forgot who produced it.Curtiss Wright maybe?

So it's not an aero engine?? It looks like exhuast ports on the front of the cylinder...a trait of old aero engines...

Dang,thats a tough one,Geno.I was gonna guess Chevrolet circa 1917,but you threw me off with the "D" model.Dusenburg had Dohc strait 8's.But Its got to be 1917 to 1921 or 1922 vintage.Does it have a "Total loss" Oiling system?It looks like it does with the exposed pushrods etc.

Winner !

Winner !

Dang,thats a tough one,Geno.I was gonna guess Chevrolet circa 1917,but you threw me off with the "D" model.Dusenburg had Dohc strait 8's.But Its got to be 1917 to 1921 or 1922 vintage.Does it have a "Total loss" Oiling system?It looks like it does with the exposed pushrods etc.

Damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This mystery engine was a 1918 Chevrolet V8 overhead valve engine from a Model D car.

RE: Winner !

RE: Winner !

Cool,I heard about those old engines from chevy,but I never saw one before.Thats really an unusual looking rascal,aint it.

Back