89 Crown Vic

sdr_93

Registered
Does anyone know of a website where I can find info on crown Vic's?I just got a 44,000 mi vic for nearly free!I'm thinking of doing a few el cheapo mods [to increase power and longevity],just need a little info.Thanks

RE: 89 Crown Vic

There sre many boards out there for he CV's.

Thats just a heavy Mustang basically.

Pretty much most Stang mod's work fine.

When we do the Vics its usually been the typicals, exhaust, thermostat, wires, bump the timing, intake, gears, converter etc.

I used to have one. I never really modded it, but had a plan in mind after owning it for about 5 years. I came to the realization that the best mod would probably be more cubes, like a 347 or 351, even on up to 400. That would of course be stupidly expensive. Barring that, I was looking at 4.10's/posi, dropping about two inches all around and stiffer sway bars. Fat wheels and tires. As far as engine mods go, anything to build torque would be your goal I would say. The main thing that will frustrate you is how slow it is out of the hole. Maybe a shift kit and higher stall converter if you get into the trans. Dual exhaust I think would really be key as well. A 5.0 is just a bit on the small side for this fatty.

Also, www.crownvic.net is one of the main boards for you.

Thanks for the info guys!Yeah its a dog out of the hole,makes my Lincoln feel like a rocket.

Back