Name this car part 2.

RE: Name this car part 2.

That's a tough one.

I know that is Mike Gaines's 1965 Altered Wheelbase Plymouth on left.

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

That's a tough one.

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

Correct about that one. (was easy) but the one on the right! HHHhhhhmmmm...........

I could leave this hangin' for Months. I bet it takes a week at least, to get it.

That's a tough one.

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

Correct about that one. (was easy) but the one on the right! HHHhhhhmmmm...........

I could leave this hangin' for Months. I bet it takes a week at least, to get it.

Evidently the one on the left WASN'T that easy.
It's a '64

Rick
Mesa, AZ

I was referring to it being Mike Gaines car not the year.

Thats wrong anyway. Actuallly it was a 63'.

Thats wrong anyway. Actuallly it was a 63'. [/b]
[/quote]

Technically, it was a '63.
But in '67, he sold the original aluminum fenders and hood, altered the wheelbase himself, and added the '64 front end as shown in that pic.

Rick
Mesa, AZ

Thats wrong anyway. Actuallly it was a 63'.

Technically, it was a '63.
But in '67, he sold the original aluminum fenders and hood, altered the wheelbase himself, and added the '64 front end as shown in that pic.

Rick
Mesa, AZ
[/quote]

I guess you have been to his message board too?

In 1965 I bought a 1963 Lightweight Plymouth, 426 Stage III. I named it "Goldfinger" as we all "named" our cars back then. I raced it many times at Alton in 1965 and 1966. That was the heyday of the AFX and SS 426 Hemis, 427 T-Bolts, etc. Those were the days. On a typical Sat nite or Sunday, there would be about 16 1965 Mopar Hemis and T-Bolt's running.
In 1967 I altered the wheelbase, put on 1965 Fiberglass Fenders and Hood, (Sold the aluminum Front End to Arlen Vanke in Ohio) Put on Hilborns on Fuel, etc ,etc, etc. We really "raced" back then and I have all of those memories to recount everytime I think about Nostaglia drag races that are happening today.
Mike Gaines, Fresno California, Formerly from Mattoon Illinois.

Back