Bentley Azure Troubles $345,000.00 Car

Sandy

Registered
I just read this on another car-board. This takes the cake! This guy's brother needs to buy Lincolns at Maplecrest!
V
V
V
V
V
My brother owns a new Bently Azure (almost identical to a Rolls convertible). It sells in the $345,000+ range I believe. Yep, its well out of my league, hehee.

Within a week or so of picking it up the radio went out so he took it back to the dealership for repair/replacement.

Now sit down before reading on...., they told him when he went back to pick it up that it was covered under warranty but........ since they hadn't submitted the warranty paperwork yet HE HAD TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR!. I think it was about $600!

How's that for service?

Moral, it really doesn't matter how much you pay for a vehicle. Don't ever let that lull you into thinking auto dealership service departments are any different no matter if they sell KIAs or Rolls Royces.

RE: Bentley Azure Troubles $345,000.00 Car

He said it was brand new. I had my own doubts as well. Very Hard to believe. It was on the Cadillac board.

Don't believe every thing you read on the Internet.

I know on the new Lambos if you don't use their $20 a quart oil, it voids your warranty....

I know on the new Lambos if you don't use their $20 a quart oil, it voids your warranty....

I hear it's close to $50 a litre for the new Enzo, to go along with the 6k brake job

Well, if you can afford a $345,000 vehicle, a $600 repair isn't that out of line, IMHO. That would be about $70 for us poor Lincoln owners.

That's what they say, but isn't there a law in the US that says if they require a non-standard fluid to maintain the warranty, it has to be provided free by the manufacturer?

yeah, i dont believe that for a second either. The Ford garage that I go to treats me 100x better than that and I just have them do stuff like alignments and tie rod ends...

both of which were convieniently covered under my Ford ESP warantee...

That's what they say, but isn't there a law in the US that says if they require a non-standard fluid to maintain the warranty, it has to be provided free by the manufacturer?

yes dave there is a law in the US like that. same with air filters

Buy a new Harley, If you don't have it serviced at a Harley dealer it voids your warranty

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128

Back