Caddy STS

viiiball

Registered
I want to trade the Mark for this what do you think,I can get a good trade on a 2001 STS what can I expect from the Caddy as opposed to the Mark?

RE: Caddy STS

similar performance in a straight line, as long as you can hold the steering wheel straight. Newer styling (note i didn't say nicer), a newer design interior. FWD, which sucks around turns AND in a straight line. Caddies have slightly better resale, but no performance aftermarket (we can use mustang parts... they can't use anything). Never worked on one, but i expect that it's more difficult than working on the mark.

yeah, if you think that your Mark has a lot of excess electronics on the engine watch out with the caddy. They might as well put an aluminum plate over the engine with a few holes for fluids, cause from what I hear, that about all you can do by yourself.

Thanks again guys from saving me,Frustration turns me to the dark side once in a while,the caddy sure is sharp looking but the drawback is FWD.I'll keep you posted,I want to keep the Mark I was looking for a 98 but there isn't much to pick from here,are Mark owners keeping their cars now?If you guys live in the K.C. area and know of a 98 for sale please post,pref.black and LSC thanks,if not maybe I'll go with plan 1 and just get a newer LS.thanks again guys

Beginning with the 2005's Caddy returns to RWD. RWD deVille & Seville are coming, with Northstar versions of the Corvette V-8. The CTS V-Series is coming with 400+ H.P. 6-Speed ZF Tranny and down the road......All Wheel Drive

trouble is, from what I ahve heard, the 2005 seville will have the styling to look like a larger ctx. A styling choice I think is a mistake and would never consider buying.

When will the american auto mfgrs learn. If I want a BMW, Ill buy one, not a lincoln or caddy which looks similar. They have to stop FOLLOWING the foreign mfgrs and begin LEADING.

Ok, ther is my Sunday sermon.

yea- I think I remember reading somewhere that the N* engine has sooo many electronics that its nearly impossible to add a remote starter to it without it frying. I also remember seeing on the caddy board that on new N* engines it is common for it to use like 1qt oil every 1000 miles!!?? And good luck trying to work on it yourself!

I did the Tailights and front Headlight lenses for the new STS. The original "spy" photos of the STS turned me off (looked like a big CTS), but the photos the GM fellas showed up with looked ALOT different. It looked like a smaller version of the Cadillac 16, and not a CTS. If the photos I saw are in fact the new STS, it's a beauty!

Back