Any snowmobilers here??

RRocket

Registered
Just wondering....I'm setting up a VMAX4 with quad pipes for lake running. Just wondering if anyone likes sleds..

RE: Any snowmobilers here??

I grew up on sleds. We had a Polaris and Scorpian. Boy they were fun and just as important, a necessity when you grow up in Oswego N.Y. It snows much more than Buffalo. We had to use those snowmobiles to get groceries and fire wood since the power went out a lot.
This is in the late 60's mind you.
Would ove one day to take a snowmobile trip again but just don;t know if my back would hold up.

WERD.

I've got a '78 yamaha enticer 340 thats all tricked out and I ice drag it.

I also have a '97 Polaris Indy 500 thats on its way to becomming tricked. This used to be my trail sled, but I upgraded..

to a '01 polaris 700XC last season and it is amazing (and a lot more my size!)

I live right on a corridor trail (NH Cor. 17) so I pretty much have access to the entire state from my back yard, its cool.

Kev,

You won't be pissed if I show up un-announced to go riding, will you??

At any rate, I live on Lake Erie, so the VMAX4 is one of the best lake sleds around, even though it's nearly 10 years old. There's some guy nearby who has a ZR900, who's mouth I'm going to shut when the 1st ice gets here. He more or less has a stock sled, and I have my modified MAX set-up for 500-660 ft races. He's a goner!!!

I have:

1) RPC Racing Quad Pipes...it's music to the ears on full boil!! WOOHOO!!

2) Hauck Racing clutch, with blue springs, and a 42/37 secondary cam. Engagement is 5000 RPMs, Shift is 8,700RPMS

3) Gearing is 21/39 (stock is 22/35)

4) 192 chisels

5) Reeds

When you mash it, this thing hooks and slams you back and goes!! Mr ZR900 is going to get a nasty suprise.

How fast does your ice racer go?? Any mods on your trail sled??

My buddy and I used to ride a 76 John Deere 340 cyclone, it was a beast, all thick gauge steel and no suspension! It wasnt too fast but when you are 14-15 its really fun. (untill the throttle cable broke and the throttle got stuck open... needless to say it is no longer with us, but lucky enough we are still here)

Back