Mercedes quality problems

JC

Registered
Automotive News reports that Mercedes-Benz was forced to buy back 2,000 of the latest E-class sedans sold in the USA. The major problem is with the integrated navigation, entertainment and telecommunications system. Mercedes initial quality rankings by J.D. Power plumeted from fifth in 1997 to 15th in 2003. Chevrolet was 13th in 2003.

RE: Mercedes quality problems

If this is supposed to surprise people, it doesn't have that effect on me. I'll keep my Town Car and save the additional $15,000. My dentist had a 2001 ML (Sport Ute) and they had to buy it back under lemon law. Then, he bought a X5 BMW. That ones okay - but he "just doesn't like it" (offers no reason). I keep telling him to get a Grand Cherokee Limited, but it falls on deaf ears.

If this is supposed to surprise people, it doesn't have that effect on me. I'll keep my Town Car and save the additional $15,000. My dentist had a 2001 ML (Sport Ute) and they had to buy it back under lemon law. Then, he bought a X5 BMW. That ones okay - but he "just doesn't like it" (offers no reason). I keep telling him to get a Grand Cherokee Limited, but it falls on deaf ears.
[/quote]

My brother has been searching for one, but I have realized that its all PLASTIC..... The interior is all nothing but pure plastic (no offense) and parts are VERY expensive for a car within its price range.

Mercedes quality ratings are very low now, they are ranked 25th this year by J.D. power associates. We all know who ranks first every year... just add the words Luxury + Elegance with a twist.

It's illegal for dentists (doctors in general) to drive anything that costs less than $35,000.

I believe the Republicans passed that bill.

Sandy,

Tell him to get the Infiniti FX45. He'll save some bucks, and at the same time, blow all other SUV out of the water. (save for the turbo Porsche)

Ha Ha Ha, Rocket!! He called me on Halloween to tell me he bought a FX45 Infiniti!! White / Beige Leather. Every concievable option that they had to offer. Dealer Swap / Car's in Ct. Yep, thay are going to Ct for him!!! Trading in the old X5 = See, in my town, where he has his office, we have a BMW; Infiniti; Subaru; Nissan and Ford Dealerships. He wanted to stay "in town" as he's on the Chamber of Commerace and always pushing people to "Shop Bloomfield" ~ so he had to put his $$$$ where his mouth is! :)

I like them, an Infiniti FX45 could be my next car/suv or what ever it is.

FX35/45 rules..but they are expensive as hell here!! $55K nicely equipped. I honestlt think that it is THE do it all car. Handles like a sports car, with the AWD of an SUV. V8, hot looks. 20" rims. Sport and luxury. Kicks ass!!

I went to look at it when it came out. I too was very impressed with it. Looks border line too funky for me, but I could have gotten used to it, I guess. But, really it was too much for me. Too high, to much a gas guzzler and all that rooom? I don't need all that room. There are only 3 of us, and Matt's got his Jeep and is away 10 months a year. It just seemed like "too much" ~ THAT was when I walked over to the M45, and fell deeply in love. Then I took an M45 out for a ride, and found it drove like a Corvette. I was in love. Then I priced it out as I would have bought it and WHOA...WHOA it (after dicount - - there were no rebates), was gonna cost me $50,000 (probably like $60,000 CDN) ~ That's what sold me the Town Car. Window Sticker $47,645.00, discount $3,000 = $44,700.00 minus $4,000 rebate = $40,700.00 minus $1,000 loyality coupon from Ford = $39,700. The Town Car was $10,000 less than the M45. Done Deal.
If I had a couple kids under 13 y.o. I woulda gone for the FX45 too.
My dentist buys ALOT of cars. He likes cars & makes alot of money. He's the only 24 hour a day, 7 day a week OPEN dentist around. Has staff of 25 people of which 5 are dentists. Split shifts. Gets all accident cases from local hospital and has an on premises lab.
He bought his son, for Hi School Grad a new Lexus IS300. He does NOT have a typical office, he's in a store front store that used to be a furniture showroom. 'Ya THAT big!

Back