What's coming AFTER the new GTO !!

Sandy

Registered
I got a little privledged information today. I'll share it - (Cant't do thje same for my source). You all know about the forthcoming new GTO. But....what's on tap for the 2nd year? Well......

It's got a "421" in it, for you Poncho People -but this 421 will make 421 bhp. without a supercharger. Without a Turbo. Getrag 6-speed manual, 3.89 gears. Ram Air VI hood induction, the old Exhaust Splitters & Hood Mtd. Tach. 4 Paint Colors:
Black, Bright Red, Silver, White

There is more.....
2 optional paint colors. Recall Carosel Red ? Orbit Orange ? They will return along with Cosmos Violet.

Pontiac Parts will have an available bolt-on GM Supercharger.
She'll have a spoiler, and you'll have to rise for her, because the name will be.....

THE JUDGE !!

RUMORS OF 500 BHP with THE BLOWER!! Also look for 1970's "Fun Type "T.V. commercals....
One in which the "Goat" challenges the "Pony"

You heard it here, first.....

RE: What's coming AFTER the new GTO !!

I sent you an e-mail about this the other day. It is in this month Motortrend. And MT says in all likelihood, Pontianc won't actualy be using the "Judge" name. The do however have a photoshop concept in there that has "The Judge" on it. It has the hood scoop, 18" rims, and spoiler. MT says it will use the Z06 engine rated at 400 HP. http://www.motortrend.com/toc/

I got a little privledged information today. I'll share it - (Cant't do thje same for my source). You all know about the forthcoming new GTO. But....what's on tap for the 2nd year? Well......

It's got a "421" in it, for you Poncho People -but this 421 will make 421 bhp. without a supercharger. Without a Turbo. Getrag 6-speed manual, 3.89 gears. Ram Air VI hood induction, the old Exhaust Splitters & Hood Mtd. Tach. 4 Paint Colors:
Black, Bright Red, Silver, White

There is more.....
2 optional paint colors. Recall Carosel Red ? Orbit Orange ? They will return along with Cosmos Violet.

Pontiac Parts will have an available bolt-on GM Supercharger.
She'll have a spoiler, and you'll have to rise for her, because the name will be.....

THE JUDGE !!

RUMORS OF 500 BHP with THE BLOWER!! Also look for 1970's "Fun Type "T.V. commercals....
One in which the "Goat" challenges the "Pony"

You heard it here, first.....

Actually much of that same info is in the December 2003 issue of "Motor Trend". :) Friend of mine raced his girl friend's '98 Cobra in this year's Silver State Race in Ely, Nevada and said "Car and Driver" magazine had one there they raced in the 100 mph class. Most people thought it was a Toyota or big Honda looking thing (LOL). I saw one in the Anaheim Auto Show last week, it looked like a big Dodge Intrepid to me. It's basically GM's answer to the missing '04 Camaro Z28 and Trans Am.

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

And just like everything else GM is making (except for the Vette) it will be a FUGLY POS!!!

The over Sea's version looks much better. bigger wheels, better body kit, and color matched seat backs and cushion. Looks Very nice. They been out there for some time now, I think since 98 or 99.

I don't think it's ugly, i don't think it looks bad at all. But it doesn't look good, either. It's very bland, which kind of turns me off on it. I'd much rather have a CTS-V. On the CTS, it might be love-it or hate-it styling, but at least it stirs up some emotions.

IF I had NOT bought the new Town Car this past April 10th, I would order a 2004 Buick Regal GS-X. While it doesn't do any one thing better than any other car, the sum of all its parts equals a car that does everything very well. I like it's style, I don't mind 4-Doors nor front wheel drive. Overall, it's a rare & exclusive car with excellent interior room above average fit & finish, has very good performance, is $13,000 less than the Town Car, has very good reliability records and people who own them have very few complaints. Being a Buick, it's a sleeper of sorts. While it will get blown away by commonplace Mustangs and Camaros, and surely by your Mark VIIIs, it will take most any mid-size "family sedan" to the cleaners. It's just an all-around nice, better than most" car. I priced it onw the web. With every single option and taking into consideration the $2,000 rebate GM has on it.....It's a heck of a car for $33,000, with a 3 year bumper to bumper warrantee.

http://www.slpeng.com/pdf/GSX_Brochure.pdf

Moonroof, Pwr. Pass. Seat, CD/Cassette & Monsoon Stereo, Side Air Bag, Heated Seats, GSX Pkg, Rr.Spoiler, KDW Tires & Chromed Custom wheels, Brake & Handling Pkg, Lowering Springs, Custom Seats & Mats & Carbon Fiber or BurlWood Pkg, Cat Back Exhaust. Ice Box underhood, Supercharger, Smaller Pulley Pkg + more.... $33,000? How can you miss?

How can you miss??? It's called G35 Sedan is how.....Less money still, and more performance...

But, Japanese. I am talking American. You know I only buy American, Ron. (If I went "bad" ~ it would be an Infiniti M45 - but they are too many yen). Well, I'd also go bad for a Subaru Outback Limited VDC or an Audi S4 or a Jag S-Type "R"). (Now, I am gonna have to deal with "Lexus-Moe", I assume :))

LOL Sandy, I’ll let you slide this time, JUST this time. esp after CAR AND DRIVER rated the LS430 the best luxury sedan for $70K+.

I have seen and driven the Over sea's GTO, and I think it look pretty good, here is what it looks like:
http://www.waitnews.com/images/gm_hol5.jpg

They have a newer redesigned BETTER look, but I can’t find any pics of it. We are getting the OLD design here, while the guys over sea's just got the new design for 2003.
I think the GTO lacks the nice wheels and body kit, not to mention the redesign.

I think it needs help. It's not RETRO enough!

Now allow me to explain. Guys (and Girls) younger than 45 have little recollection of the Original GTO. G.T.O. mean absolutely NOTHING to a 33 year old, today. Those who will recall the glory days....and they were glory days..... are MY age!! 56, to be exact. To us, GTO means ALOT! They are trying to warm up that warm & fuzzy feeling called "MEMORIES of days gone by....." ~ ~ But, they can't do it (IMHO) with a car that look like a cross between a Pontiac Sunbird (the back) a Chevy Cavalier (the side) and a Grand Am (the front) with a little bit of a Japanese car aura to the overall design. It's like, "Oh the numbers are impressive, it goes fast, and it has GTO badges all over it.....but, I don't know, there is just something about it that I don't like - and I'm not sure what that is" ~ will be what most 50+ guys will think. It needs much more retro stuff. Where's the Hood Tach? The red line tires? The Exhaust Splitters? The Famous Rally II Wheels? If I took one and totally de-badged the thing, NOBODY would ever guess it's a GTO. See what I mean?
Now, if they do a PROPER JUDGE, that car will sell, but this one will not evoke the warm & fuzzy feelings in the targeted audience, and the younger guys are left scratching their collective heads & wondering what is this some kinda new Super Sunboid?

Back to the drawing board, or over to SLP or ASC or somebody to give it a new dress!

Why does it have to be retro to be good, and why does the target market have to be 50+? Is it becouse of the name? I think the only thing they owe to the name badge is a good performing vehicle that can haul a few people. With exception to the new mustang coming out, I think the retro thing is getting played out. But even the new mustang only has retro cues and it still looks up to date with everything else on the market.

They have to do something with it, especially the back of it with that wimpy looking one sided exhaust, and slap on spoiler. The interior can be a bit better as well. If they fix it up they just may have a future buyer. My hope is Buick will get to use the platform to make an other Grand National.

Ok how can GM expect to compete with Infiniti's G35 coupe

There is no way i would choose the GTO over the G35,

The G35 has 2 less cyliders and is only a few tenths slower in the 1/4. The infiniti has EXCELLENT interior materials, compared to GM's plastic crap.

I would get the GTO if it was a 23-25k car but not 35k

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/340000-340999/340003_4_full.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/.../VEHICLE/2003/Infiniti/100183767/005519-E.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/315000-315999/315275_6_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/315000-315999/315275_5_full.jpg

Back