Not to sure about those skirts

RE: Not to sure about those skirts

kinda cool looking... not for a daily driver though...

what is that a tbird???

If it had curbfeelers it would look like a catfish

You owe me a new keyboard - I just spit coffee all over it after reading your comment! The visual was just too much for me. A catfish! ROFL

I like everything except the bubble skirts! The front looks better than the original and I really like the fitted Tonneau Cover, which I am surprised that nobody here commented on. I could deal with "normal" skirts that looked like part of the car, but not these things. Did anybody watch the movie on it that was on TV ?

http:///www.powersportcars.com/

I absolutly love it! Now if it had balls to back up the styling, that would be orgasmic :)

Scan down & watch the movie:

http://www.powersportcars.com/about/

If it does not work, you'll need to copy & paste to "address"

BUT, don't choak on this......IT'S SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS So overpriced it's not even funny. The car is like $40,000 so they are getting $20,000 for the skirts/tonneu/wheel + Tire combo/ and custom front end.

Just how much overpriced? The ascMcLaren conversion took a 2-Dr sedan & turned it into a 2-seat roadster - major body reworking & roof removal for $ 11,765.00 or $9,000 LESS than this.

But the styling of the McClarens was ho-hum at best. And they were heavy. And slow. And the list goes on. (please don't hate me Sandy!!)

They are not slow, Ron ~ but then again, they are not fast, and yes, they are heavy. But they were never touted or marketed as "super" performance cars, in the same way Saleens or Rouch 'Stangs are ~ they were more of a boulevard cruiser, for leisurely cruzin' with occassional burst of power. The style is objective, but I wish I had a dollar for every compliment that I have ever had on them. They stop traffic where ever one goes, and buying gas is always a 15 minute "show & tell" event. At car shows, they attract alot of positive attention with the top down, and with the top up they nearly steal the show!! There is but one "C" in McLaren. Of course I don't hate you. {Stick to motorcycles} :)

Sandy,

But don't you think they could have done a little better with the styling to make it stand out more than a regular Mustang?

ABSOLUTELY, but like everything.....at a cost. New, they retailed for around $25,000. I think that they thought being sold in a Ford Showroom, to essentially a Ford Customer, and not being able to hide its "roots" that $25,000 was pretty much the top of the pricing arena in which they could participate. Now, had they marketed it thru different channels (say, just for the sake of argument) an Infiniti or Audi dealer network, they could have gotten more.

Interestingly (greed here) since the side door windows were replaced by ascMcLaren, along with the "old" windows, went the MSRLP window sticker on it AS A MUSTANG. ascMcLaren, NOT being an OEM was able to fly under the law(s) and ship the car to the dealer, without any Maronney label affixed to it. Okay, rush in greedy dealers. There are MANY persons who will {now} admit to paying $30,000 for theirs, new!! (Dealer Invoice was $23,150.00.) Most went out the door for around $ 24,000 ~ but yes, there were a few buyers at the $30,000 level. How many? Maybe 2 percent of the total (2,358 units) ~ so like 50 people paid $30,000.
Saleen's getting $70,000 today for a top of the line Mustang S-281 "E" Tonneau'd Roardster with all options. Know how many they sold last year? 22. But their entry level GT Coupe S-281 (at $31,000) sold over 1,800. ($31,000 today is akin to the $24,000 the McLaren cost, new.) So, had ascMcLaren done more extensive performance & appearance enhancements - sure possible - but they too would have priced the car way outta the "interested" market.
Agree?
BTW, few people know this. BOTH Saleen & McLaren began their respective products in 1984. McLaren quit in June, 1990. From 1984 thru June, 1990, asc McLaren OUTSOLD Saleen each & every year. It was not until 1992 when Saleen surpassed McLaren's sales from 1984 to 1990.

According to the [link:www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi|INFLATION CALCULATOR], what cost $25,000.00 in 1986 would cost $40,119.54 in 2002. Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2002 and 1986, they would cost you $25,000.00 and $15,578.44 respectively. :)

But then you'd have to know what a production Mustang cost then to know the markup.

http://members.tccoa.com/lastmrk/Images/lastmrk2.jpg

Back