I really not a fan of Japanese cars, but ...

N

Neilster

I once owned an '81 280zx 2+2 and vowed I'd never buy another Japanese car. I relented and many years later, owned an '87 Honda Accord. The seats killed me - but it was realiable as can be.

Now this one really has my attention - The Infinity FX45. I've seen a few on the road and they look even better live... Comes with a 300+ hp V8. Looks as though a new genre is born...PUV (performance utility vehicle)... At least the Mark8 is paid for, whew!

http://mark8.org/users/neilster/Misc/fx45.jpg

RE: I really not a fan of Japanese cars, but ...

Funny you posted that. Today I was looking at one in my parking lot at work and thought about how it had a 1930's sedan look about it instead of a modern SUV. It's not a bad "look" but I also thought of the Green Hornet in those old comic books from the fifties. :)

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...If you can read this, thank a teacher...If it's in English, thank a veteran....

Seems to me after 25 years of talking about sport utility vehicles, they’re actually starting to build a few.

Yep..it's one of my favorites...a fantastic vehicle. Nissan/Infiniti has been hitting homeruns lately. They can't seem to miss...

A buddy of mine just got his "wife-to-be" an FX-35 to replace her like-new, loaded Rodeo. Had a chance to see it a few weeks ago. VERY nice... fire engine red with black leather. Looks wicked with the 20's on it. The valet at the Hard Rock hotel in Orlando went on and on about it- and there's some very expensive rides rolling through their port cochere.

He decided against the V8... said there wasn't enough difference in performance to justify the MUCH higher cost. The six is no slouch. He totally loves it. Some of the option packages were totally off the wall ($$$$), but if you keep a steady head when checking off the options, it's not too bad.

The FX is one serious machine tho... I think it will break him away from pouring more cash into the few remaining mods he doesn't have on his 2k Trans Am.

I agree about the price difference. The FX45 is almost $10K more, but is only 0-60 and 1/4 mile quicker by a second or so. What I would do is buy the FX35 and throw a blower on it. I am truly amazed at how well the 3.5 is responding to boost!! It's like the way the 5.0's did it in the early 90's. Running only 6 or 8lbs of boost, the 3.5s are making 350HP+!! That's some serious get up and go. Especially when in the 350Z!!

Back