corvette

shabadoobie

Registered
Hi today i picked a 1984 corvette. Red in color i just got done cutting all the cats mufflers ext.and putting glass packs on, A little to loud! so im sticking side pips on tomarow.It has pretty good power it has new 265/50/16 tires and i sill cant get any traction.This is my 3rd vette had a 79,77,now 84 dose anyone know what they do in 1/4 or 0-60? and dose anyone know what to do to it to make it run in the 13s.It has crossfire injection THANKS

RE: corvette

I have no clue. Ive never been anything but a ford guy..

Congrats though

Congrats on the Vette.

The performance of the mid 80's corvettes are almost identical to the performance of the Marks. Your looking at high 6 sec to low 7 sec 0-60 times, and high 14's to low 15's on the 1/4 mile. And the 1/4 ET will actually be more than likely a little less than the Mark.

The crossfire injection was all hyped up by Chevrolet, but I've heard nothing but problems about it. Hopefully yours will be an exception and it'll be fine.

Can't really help you on the mods. All I can suggest is getting a C2. I run mid 12's stock :p (1 tenth of a second slower than the new Z06's in the quater) Not bad for a 35 year old car.

Good luck with the car and have fun!

My old roomate had an 84. My mark was faster. I think It would be a really cool car to collect as it is the only year that they offered that body style with the cross fire. Now for the bad news. I think they are probably the worst for moding. Nobody makes aftermarket parts for this motor. They only made it for 2 years I think. If you dont care about collecting, I would swap out the cross fire with the later style tuned port. Lotsa stuff for those motors.

My uncle has one that I drive around a lot. 84, siver/sivler auto. Not too bad. With the exhaust we put on it and its recent tune up, it runs pretty good and would give the mark a decent run.

well today i raced the lincoln against the vette lets put it this way by the time i hit 60 the vette was about 4 cars ahead of me.And we got into a little race with a ss impala in our lincoln it was pretty close at lower speeds but once we got going we could take it but not by very much!

Back