Ranger Gas Tank Repair?

Trixie

Staff member
The neighbor bottomed out his Ford Ranger and there's a leak in the gas tank (I'm told it's plastic). I was asked to post here and ask if anyone's repaired something like this or knows a way to fix it.

Thanks.

RE: Ranger Gas Tank Repair?

Get an aluminum cell and mount it over the axle.

You are gonna laugh, but if you take it to a yayak shop, with a little convincing you may be able to convinve the owner to 'welding' a plasic patch on it. I had it done to my 4-wheeler tank, my uncle also owns the shop i took it too....
You can also try a product called PC-7 it is an epoxy that is formable and will bond just about anything, including itself, so you can build it up and stuff. The only thing is it will probably become stronger than the rest of the gas tank and if it bottoms out again, it may demolish the whole thing. Its a thought tho. You will find it at any respectable Hardware Store.

Thanks Kevin, I'll pass that info on. BTW, what's a yakyak shop?

Most auto parts stores have products for that application.

Whoa, I guess I was a little dyslexic there. I dont even know if that was spelled right!! Oh well., What I meant to say was KAYAK. LOL. And I was just about to bust on you for not knowing what a KAYAK was!

....I think I need a drink....

Whoa, I guess I was a little dyslexic there. I dont even know if that was spelled right!! Oh well., What I meant to say was KAYAK. LOL. And I was just about to bust on you for not knowing what a KAYAK was!

....I think I need a drink....

LOL, I think maybe you've had enough. ;-)

I guess he damaged it more than he thought and is going to replace it. Thanks for the info & help though, it's much appreciated.

Back