Marauders drop $11K in one year

RE: Marauders drop $11K in one year

wow, there are still '96 impalas that sell for more than that.

Thats what happens when you try to beat a so called classic but dont put much effort into it.

"They only needed to make it a mid 14 sec car, and it would of sold like a mofo." - I agree 100%.

Making the Marauder SLOWER than an automatic stock V6 Honda Accord sedan was a bad, bad move.

Ken

Making the Marauder SLOWER than an automatic stock V6 Honda Accord sedan was a bad, bad move.

Ken
And pricing it up there with the '03 Cobra was another bad move. I was extremely interested in a Marauder until I saw the MSRP.

It's hard to believe the Marauder comes from the same company that a few years back was selling excellent, unique cars like Mark VII/VIIIs, Thunderbird Turbo/Super Coupes, Taurus SHOs, Merkur XR4Tis, etc. that dominated their classes.

Now their "sport luxury" offerings consist of a tarted up $35k Grand Marquis that is slower than most V6 family sedans, and the amazingly bland Lincoln LS which isn't really competitive with any car you can get for about the same price. I really hope Ford gets their act together soon.

The real car guys have all migrated to GM.
C6 Corvette
G.T.O.
Northstar equipped Bonneville gtX
Cadillac CTS & CTS-V
A hot new Buick, coming
SLP Supercharged Grand Prix GT-X
Dale Earnhardt Terminator-II Supercharged Monte Carlo
and others in the wings.

Ford:
Mustang Cobra
Mustang GT

Chrysler:
Viper
Neon SLX

Ford is just failing behind in the car market ! Granted I think that the new Mustang coming out looks great but thats it! What happened to supercharges or high hp cars? The Marauder just need some two tone leather, awesome factory stereo, and a supercharger or what not that would throw it into the high power car category.. Same thing with the LS, I love the look of the LS but theres just not much special about it. Nothing that would make me say wow I want to spend my money on that. Cadillac has the CTS-V all suped up and fast as hell! What happened to Lincoln with the LS-there was supposed to be an LS McLaren that came with a nice body kit, awesome interior, and incredible engine! But that went down the tubes nothing ever came of that.?.
Man, it's sad when I walk through a ford/lincoln/mercury dealership outside of the Navigator, LS, Focus SVT, F150, and a couple others theres not much to offer. Then I go through the Pontiac dealership and see the GTO or the Chevy dealership and see the Avalanche or Vette or new Colorado or the Cadillac dealership and see their entire fleet that is just awesome-the new XLR, Escalades in 3 types, CTS, Deville, Seville ect... Even Chrylser--the Crossfire, Viper, Ram SRT-10, ect...
I just really can't understand who makes the decisions at these companies-ie ford-when it comes to development. It seems Ford has been too focused on competing with high end cars with the GT or is it GTO and Shelby==
Crazy stuff

A selection of high volume Lincoln dealers was interviewed regarding the McLaren LS. They were interested until they were told the price of the package, and then immediately lost interest. Rumor has it that the package was $8,424.00 MSRLP. The LS would then have listed well above the Town Car Cartier. It died on the vine. I believe 2 were made.

Sorry to say that Marauder looks like a warmed over Marques (sp?). The only thing attrative are the rims.

Bob

Back