THE NEW 2004 CAPRICE SS (IMPALA) *PICS*

RE: THE NEW 2004 CAPRICE SS (IMPALA) *PICS*

They should have them here as the new cop cars.

Why in h@ll can't anyone design a decent body for some of these RWD cars??? Just like the new GTO, it has to be one of the most BLAND cars I've ever seen!!!

John
[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Why in h@ll can't anyone design a decent body for some of these RWD cars??? Just like the new GTO, it has to be one of the most BLAND cars I've ever seen!!!

John
[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

It's called mass market appeal. Apparantly cars are suppose to look bland and yuppyish so as to sell to the most people.

I long for the days when you bought wither a family, sport, economy or luxyry car........now, they are all the same friggin car.

Thats nothing new. The "new" GTO was prevalent in the Middle East when I lived there three years ago, badged as a Lumina SS. They have always liked their big RWD cars. I thought the Lumina SS was pretty cool when I lived there; I thought about trying to import one.

Yea, its isn’t NEW, but that’s the new Redesigned look. I have driven the LTZ model which packs a good 290HP, and has very close performance as my mark.

Where in the middle east did you live?

I like it. I like the GTO, but i think the styling on this is a little more distinctive. Very nice.

I like it. I like the GTO, but i think the styling on this is a little more distinctive. Very nice.

Yea, these pics don’t give it any justice.. Plus this one looks way too high off the ground for some reason.

No GM will have as nice of an interior as this one, except for caddy. I’m stick and tired of the old looking radio's and switches GM uses for all their cars since the stone age.

Let's see...

They could have redesigned the Camaro/TA and gave us something REALLY great, but instead, they give us a suped up Malibu and call it a GTO.

I don't think any Camaro or TA buyers are jumping for joy over the new GTO. I'd rather have a 1996 Impala SS over the new incarnation.

The car is nice, just more status quo than revolutionary. Get the styling down pat and American's would have something to be proud of (like the CTS-V).

Makes a helluva sleeper though...

Kale

I like it FAR better than the current FWD domestic iteration of the fabled Impala name. Like the look. Would definitely give it consideration, were it to be made available here. Even the original Impala's were not exactly "over the top" in the styling department... I could go for the understated, sleeper look.

Moe, I lived in Dubai, UAE. Lots of rich people and cool cars.

Moe, I lived in Dubai, UAE. Lots of rich people and cool cars.
[/quote]

Wait until you've seen Riyadh, most people dont know until they go there, but you even see S500's and 745iL's with 13-25 Yearolds. Its not even fun to have a nice car anymore, cuz everyone around the block has one or two.

All bought with oil.....and YOUR money.

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'92 F250 Banks TurboDiesel Bimini Blue
http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/charlespytko/Lincoln/BudPytko97LSC.JPG
[/quote]

Ask Ford and chevy though how much money they make in the middle east?

I'll tell ya, they buy more V8 RWD American cars then we do down here. And thats sad.

and crownvic and Grand Marquis is actually considered more of a teenage car then 50+ year old like it is here.

Amen... Yawn! Zzzzzzz

Back