After 57 years it's over

Sandy

Registered
The longest running continously in production nameplate has one year to go. Cadillac has announced that the 2005 de Ville will be the final de Ville. The 2005 will be a continuation of the 2004 and the 2006 will be all new, and will simply be called the DTS as cadillac completes its 3 digit alpha-namplates. 'Tis a shame. Gone are:
Fleetwood/Sixty Special/de Ville/Seville/Eldorado/Allante/and all other "names" replaced by CTS/DTS/STS/ESV/XLR and others. {Me thinks....another stupid move). Too confusing ! But hey, what do I know. (I said Oldsmobile should never hire away the heads of Procter & Gamble and Hartz Mountain to run a car company, and you see what they did to Oldsmobile) :(

RE: After 57 years it's over

Old caddy lovers might not like it, but I think its a cool move.... but I haven’t been around to know these cars for decades.. so I guess its different for me.

I will no longer say that I have a Fleetwood Sixty Special, I will refer to it as a "FSS" ~

Does that count for the Escalade too? That more than anything recently has been a forerunner for them as far as name recognition: everyone knows what an Escalade is and besides what are the rappers going to talk about now -- maybe they will start dropping the Navigator's name

Sandy,

I assume you have your deposit ready for the Caddy. I know you have a penchant to own last model runs.

Bryan
MonsterMark

No, Bryan....No "LAST DE VILLE" is coming here and yes.....I do have a penchant for end-of-the-line models. The 60 Special was one, the Mark 8 was one & the Jeep Cherokee was one, as well as all 3 ascMcLarens. But, my next car will be an Audi of some sort, most likely the convertible.

Back