600 RWHP #14 build up

DennisReinhart

Registered
Here is # 14 this is what we have been working on for some time. Lonnie Doll has been working for me for over a month now he is a retired Navy Master Chief he worked at JBA Racing in CA, I have known him for years I met him through JW, he is very good with tuning and wiring we both have Mark 8's, well any way The owner of this car sent me the check to go pick this Black 04 up from the Dealer, we removed the engine and transmission. I bought a new 03 Cobra motor, sent that to my friend Jim O’Neil. He removed the heads, worked his magic installed better springs and valves, along with head studs and Billet oil pump gears, we went with a custom set of cams, it has Holley 50 LB injectors with Paul’s High performance custom fuel rails [not shown in the picture] and our custom 03 twin Cobra fuel pumps, the stock Cobra pumps have been replaced with higher flow rate pumps along with that the car will have a KB Boost A Pump and a dash 8 braided steel fuel line. I had all the covers powder coated in Black Sliver Vain, for forced induction I chose the new Vortech JT Trim with 18 PSI to start with. I plan on taking step by step photos for the club so those members can see what goes in a 600 RWHP automatic build up The will equate to about 700 rwhp in a manual transmission car. The car has 4:30 gears Metal Matrix drive shaft, my exhaust, custom built 4R75W with a 3000 PI Stall converter, our custom high efficiency transmission cooler with braided steel lines, rear Addco sway bar. To slow this puppy down the car has KVR rear brakes and 14 inch Bear front brakes, I will also install Paul’s rear lower control arms. This car should make 600 RWHP on 93 octane and still drive like a relatively standard car till its nailed, here are some of the first pictures of the set up I will post more this week.
Build up

DSCAM.JPG.jpg

OILPUMP.JPG.jpg

FVTIMINGCHAIN.JPG.jpg

Engine cooling Modifcation

COOLINGMOD1.JPG.jpg

COOLINGMODBOTHHEADS.JPG.jpg

Engine shots

FVIEW.JPG.jpg

DSIDE.JPG.jpg

PSIDE.JPG.jpg

TOPVIEW.JPG.jpg

VORTECHJTTRIM.JPG.jpg

RE: 600 RWHP #14 build up

Dennis,

I'm curious why you'd buy an 03 engine, and then use a Vortech.(well ok..you are a reseller of Vortech, so that makes sense.) It is well known that using the Kenne Bell Eaton upgrade or an Apten bring the HP well over the 500RWHP mark. That's on a basically stock engine..with stock headers and exhaust.No head mods. So is this just a case of someone wanting something different? I think the same HP could be realized with Kenned Bell equipment, and for less money. Just looking for some insight as to why you chose this route...thanks...~R

Dennis,

I'm curious why you'd buy an 03 engine, and then use a Vortech.(well ok..you are a reseller of Vortech, so that makes sense.) It is well known that using the Kenne Bell Eaton upgrade or an Apten bring the HP well over the 500RWHP mark. That's on a basically stock engine..with stock headers and exhaust.No head mods. So is this just a case of someone wanting something different? I think the same HP could be realized with Kenned Bell equipment, and for less money. Just looking for some insight as to why you chose this route...thanks...~R

Well Brian at Apten is my friend and he is making more power using a procgharger on the 03 Cobra than the KB that is why I went with this set up Brian just did a 03 Cobra two weeks ago with a procharger and it made 668 on a conservative tune so why fool with the roots I like VORTECH

Dennis,

How much does the Vortech effect TQ compared to the Roots? Does is move it up alot on the rev range?

I've always heard the same thing that centrifugals were peaky but in the April Motor Trend they test a Mustang Mach 1 with a Vortech and had this to say about torque.

"Vortechs High Output centrifugal supercharger system packs in the fuel and air. The smog-legal blower delivers 10 psi boost cooled by an air to water intercooler that Vortech claims delivers a 179 horsepower gain with 100 pound feet more torque output all on premium unleaded fuel.

Vortech includes a high low fuel pump, larger fuel injectors, and a 90mm mass air flow sensor all kept in check via a reprogrammed ECU. Power is strong (Vortech rates it at 484 horses) yet surprisingly linear across the powerband. This is noteworthy, as most centrifugals are known for peaky top-end power.

Do they offer a dyno chart. Even a 100 lb.ft. sounds a little light, and I bet you don't see most of it until after 4500 rpm. Doesn't sound like it cures the torque challenge Marks face with the stock gearing and weight.

Bryan
MonsterMark

Guess you have never seen my Mark 8

and even at 10 PSI there is NO lag with the S Trim I just ran 12.6 at 110 with two adults in the car with a full tank of gas last weekend, in a 03 Marauder I just finished

Dennis, I haven't seen your car, but if you would like to bring it up here, I'd be more than happy to give it a run.;) You certainly have set the high water mark. I'm going to try and top it.

My post was more directed at street use vs strip even though I failed to make mention of that. My bad.

Your car also launches with a 3500 stall I believe. For most guys on the street, they install a power adder and then expect magic off the line with stock gears and TC. Therein lies the problem.

I also felt the 100 ft.lbs. as mentioned in the previous post was a little light for 10 psi. I would love to see a dyno chart on the Marauder if you have one. Where in the curve does it start making power and does the Marauder you mention have a high stall converter and gears?

Bryan
MonsterMark

Back