Monte Carlo ss

apbpetey

Registered
I guy that works with me has a new monte carlos ss and is looking for aftermarket parts, but has been having trouble. anybody know of a source or maybe a site like this that deals with montes. Not a bad looking car to bad it is front drive. Handles nice and drives great. He put some Baccardi silver bats on it and we call it the batmobile. He tinted the windows and has cross drilled/sloted rotors on it and will be painting the calipers along with changing the rims, just needs some go fast goodies and more dress up stuff.

RE: Monte Carlo ss

He should check out the Grand Prix GTP sites. If he has the 'new' Monte SS, that car has the same supercharged V6 as the GTP. A supercharger pulley will be the best bang for your buck mod on that car by far. Do note, a pulley change will void the warranty. (unless he changes it back before any major warranty repairs).

Ken

The Monty SS does not come with the Supercharged engine. Buyer has to get the SUPERCHARGED SS in order to get that feature.

He has the reg ss package not the supercharged one. His is a 03 leftover. He got it a few months ago. One of the main items his is looking for is a nice exhaust.

He has the reg ss package not the supercharged one.

Now that is really too bad :( Not sure the point of getting dress-up/go-fast parts without opting for the supercharger?

Sandy - Everytime I think I know something about cars (like the Monte SS's 'optional' blower), you put me in my place. :(

Is that car then the Monte SSS? ;-)

Ken

Monty Models for 2004 from least expensive to most:
(HOLD your breath!)

LS
LS Competition Yellow Appearance model
LS Winner's Circle
SS
SS Competition Yellow Appearance Model
SS Winner's Circle
Supercharged SS
Dale Earnhardt Supercharged SS "Intiminator II"
Victory Edition Dale Earnhardt Supercharged SS "Intiminator II"

Next week we'll cover the differences ;)

Now that is really too bad :( Not sure the point of getting dress-up/go-fast parts without opting for the supercharger?

There wasn't a supercharged option available for 03. His is top of the line for 03. Dress up parts make it look better not matter if supercharged or not. If the supercharged one was available he would have gotten it, but it wasn't.

There wasn't a supercharged option available for 03. His is top of the line for 03. Dress up parts make it look better not matter if supercharged or not. If the supercharged one was available he would have gotten it, but it wasn't.
I guess some people like the 'all-show no-go' look.........like putting dual exhaust, a cowl hood, and big rims on a V6 Mustang, yeh, I get it? ;-) {just kidding}

Hey Sandy, do you think the 14 different models of the Monte will help GM sell anymore of them........I doubt it.

Well, I count 9 - not 14, but to answer your question....
YES, DEFINATELY ~ but you'd never understand why, unless I explain ~

Having 9 very visually different models will cause (cause & effect here) the District Zone Sales Managers to "push" more Montes on dealers, forcing them to have "a couple of each in stock" ~ ~ So whereas a mid-sized dealer might take 2 LS and 1 SS for inventory, now with 9 models, the D.Z.S.M will twist their arm to "take at least six" ~ so, Mr. Dealer takes 6, instead of 3, or 100% more than he would have otherwise. One dealer has just increased his intial model year order by 100% (3 -vs- 6) ~ Multiply this out times 3,000 plus Chevy dealers across the USA and you can have some understanding of how this snowballs. Now, since all cars built, are {eventually} SOLD, they have upped production by 100%. No cars are ever sent back to the factory, and dissambled :) So, even if they linger on lots, and in the end net net only $100.00 profit, there is usually a trade-in on which you can make a bigger profit. Even if not...every sale feeds your service & parts departments...down the road.
Mass Marketing 101. Everything in the car business is in small increments, but small grows into large !

Well, I count 9 - not 14, but to answer your question....
YES, DEFINATELY ~ but you'd never understand why, unless I explain ~

Having 9 very visually different models will cause (cause & effect here) the District Zone Sales Managers to "push" more Montes on dealers, forcing them to have "a couple of each in stock" ~ ~ So whereas a mid-sized dealer might take 2 LS and 1 SS for inventory, now with 9 models, the D.Z.S.M will twist their arm to "take at least six" ~ so, Mr. Dealer takes 6, instead of 3, or 100% more than he would have otherwise. One dealer has just increased his intial model year order by 100% (3 -vs- 6) ~ Multiply this out times 3,000 plus Chevy dealers across the USA and you can have some understanding of how this snowballs. Now, since all cars built, are {eventually} SOLD, they have upped production by 100%. No cars are ever sent back to the factory, and dissambled :) So, even if they linger on lots, and in the end net net only $100.00 profit, there is usually a trade-in on which you can make a bigger profit. Even if not...every sale feeds your service & parts departments...down the road.
Mass Marketing 101. Everything in the car business is in small increments, but small grows into large !

Ah, the logic of the General (GM that is). Completely ignore Micro Economics......increase supply, who cares about demand. Some of those Monte's will sit on the lot for over a year (especially the non-supercharged ones with NASCAR stickers on them..........well, maybe not in the south ;-)). And we wonder why these American car companies are in trouble. They should stop worring about creating 9-models of the Monte and which NASCAR stickers to put on them and worry about making a car like the Accord or Camry, which are probably aren't even available in 9-models and sell 4-5 times the volume at higher profit margins!! (although to GM's credit the Malibu does look much better than its predicessor).

Ken

I'm only the messenger, explaining it all to you, not necessarily endorsing it. However, in the end they do all get sold. The Monty is a pretty darn good car, by the way. Owners love them. Sandy likes them because they are the last remaining full sized COUPE ! Gone are all other full sized coupes like Grand Prix, Riviera, Toronado, Eldorado, Mark VIII, T-Birds of the 70s + 80s, Caprice & LTD Coupes, etc etc. For that reason, I like them, especially the bottom one on the listing, above of which they are making only 211 of them! :) Oh - by the way, the only ones with NASCAR stickers ARE in fact, the bottom 2 Dale Earnhardt Editions .... The Winner's Circle Editions have a waving checkered flag down the side.

Back