1001 horsepower Bugatti

RE: 1001 horsepower Bugatti

this is an awesome car. ive been a fan for some time. this and the bentley hunandieres are 2 of my favorite concept cars.

I beg to differ that it is jsut an expensive VW. Bugatti has been in buisness for almost 100 years now. Just happens that towards the end of the century it has been tossed around with bad management. They also had troubles with the EB110 in the early 90's too.

None-the-less some of the most impressive cars I have EVER seen were 20's-40's bugatti's. Absolutly stunning, and extrememly rare. I am sure VW will still insure that this car is nothing less than a Bugatti.

Found this on the net. http://www.club-bugatti-france.net/welcome/history/history.html

The Bugatti family never did anything like others, maybe because they were all artists, each in their own way. Their non-conformism, however, did not prevent their genius from being unanimously recognised, arousing admiration and creating myth. Among them, Ettore Bugatti is probably the one who contributed the most to this myth, on one hand because of his extroverted and charming personality, on the other hand because of the international fame of the automobiles which he created.

There is no doubt that his son Jean would have immortalised the domestic tradition and developed the Automobiles Bugatti factory had he lived longer. Jean had inherited the creative genius of his father, and added to it more rigour and an open spirit appropriate for his young age. But regrettably we can not rewrite history, and the Bugatti myth began a slow decline in 1947 with Ettore's death, until the sale of the factory in Molsheim to Hispano-Suiza in 1963.

But today the myth is more alive than ever, thanks to the will and passion of the numerous admirers of Le Patron and La Marque. Club Bugatti France is proud to contribute to it, just like the many other clubs around the world.

It is important to appreciate the attempts of resurrection of La Marque, at the end of the 80s first of all with the launch of the Bugatti EB110, which was an important success. Somber financial events precipitated the end of this company in 1995. Today, Volkswagen, the new owner of La Marque, maintains the suspense by repeatedly pushing back the launch of the Bugatti Veyron, whose unmatchable performance is probably the cause of this delay, surpassing those of current "Supercars". It is necessary to emphasise the respect  Volkswagen and its subsidiary, Bugatti Automobiles SaS, have for the historic patrimony of La Marque and for the spirit which contributed to its success.

http://members.tccoa.com/lastmrk/Images/lastmrk2.jpg

Back