Nasty grease stains.

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Any help would be appreciated.

I have cloth seats in my 2002 F250 SuperDuty PowerStroke diesel pickup. It is my company vehicle. It now has 83K on it and has the light tan interior. In my position at my line of work, I rarely get as dirty as I used too. But on occasion I'll stumble and fall and get dirty. :p Problem is when I unknowingly have grease/dirt on my jeans and jump in the truck. A while back I actually replaced the seat fabric to get rid of some nasty grease stains I could not get clean.

Now today I find out too late again I had grease on my jeans and really made a nice looking truck seat look like crap. I have yet to find any cleaner that will take this kind of stain from this color of seats. ;(

I don't want to have to buy another replacement seat cover. Max had good prices, but it's a spendy way to get rid of stains. Any tried and true suggestions? This is heavy duty industrial strength grease stains we're talking here, not some pansy coffee stains. ::nono::

RE: Nasty grease stains.

After using starting fluid (or isopropyl alcohol), here's a way to get the rest of the grease out:

1) Once the alcohol has evaporated, spread cornstarch over the stain.

2) Then lay a thin cotton towel over the cornstarch

3) Then with a HOT iron (no steam), iron the heck out of the towel.

4) Most of the grease should have migrated to the cornstarch, and out of your seat. Brush away used cornstarch, and repeat.

It's kind of a pain, but it works!

- Scott

RE: Nasty grease stains.

Oxyclean works wonders on all organic stains.Mix a little up with some water and give it a shot.

Back