Contour SVT??

pvteye

Registered
got a shot at a Contour SVT 1998, 38,000 miles
nice clean looking car. Looking for a daily driver for me, or.... a College car for my 18 yo daughter. I am not much into Stereo systems but it states.. "$3,000 aftermarket stereo system that consists of an Eclipse Deck and 12 disc changer, Clif Design speakers (4), a Kenwood 12" Subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate Amp. The system was professionally installed and has entered various stereo competitions. "

(am sure my daughter would love the stereo though)
Avg. Retail is around $8300 from what I have seen, however guy says he will not take less than 9K.... Anyone have any knowledge about these.. and the stereo system??
Rex
98 White Pearlescent LSC / 2004 Mysti Cobra Vert 1 of 495, 401.27 HP 371.66 TQ DynoJet 1230 miles 100.79 degree ambient
http://www.mark8.org/users/pvteye/98LSC032a.jpg

RE: Contour SVT??

I have a 2000 SVT Contour. The car is great. Drives and handles perfectly.

About stereo stuff I don't have a clue.

RE: Contour SVT??

Figure $200 for the head unit, $200 for the CD changer, $150 x4 for the speakers, $200 for the sub, & we’ll go $800 for the amp (way to much, all prices are guess’ for the most part on the high side) that’s 2k, a grand for pro install…maybe… I don’t think so.
That aside the equipment is nice, should sound really well. Keep in mind as stated; it has been in comp.’s so the sound system has been driven hard. Doesn’t mean the system is gonna die right away though.
But w/ the inflated price + wear & tear, IMO to much.

Back