Chrysler re-enters police cruiser market

RE: Chrysler re-enters police cruiser market

Hmmmph. I would've guessed a 300-C Police Interceptor.

I'm feeling the urge to join the force with cars like that as cruisers! I've seen a couple around town and the new 300 as well. I don't know what they were thinking with the rear end of the 300, but overall the car did look impressive as it rolled by at 80mph. The magnum wagon looks killer too. The tops of both cars look like they have been chopped.

Kale

I usually hate the futuristic looks of cars nowadays, specially caddys eye sores running around, but thats darn sharp. Good job chrysler. And they have plenty of room for the officers gear in the back to boot.

1995 DK BLUE Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK BLUE Chevrolet 1500
SOLD ;( 1979 WHITE Trans AM w/455
2004 BLACK HONDA CBR 600RR

I love it and want one, but it aint gonna sell. Moving over to the chrysler would involve pd's to purchase new cages and consoles. That is alot of money. The wagon idea is also a bad idea for city cops. I carry an AR-15 as well as a shotgun in my trunk. Can you immagine some criminal walking by and seeing that back there. They would be broken into in a heartbeat. Plus, dodge/chrysler still refuses to fix their ignition problems. They are the most commonly stolen vehicle in my area. Its just too easy. Plus the cost of the car will be a big deal. Ford us using an old platform that works ok, and is paid for. I.e. there is no technology cost in the car. Chrysler has spent alot of money developing these platforms. That cost has to be made back in the sale of the car. Unless Chryler plans on taking major losses on the sale of these cars to pd's, I dont see how they can do it. The ford is going for between 12-14k. I dont see chryler being able to come down that far.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
... The ford is going for between 12-14k.
[/div]

Really??? ::roll::

in fleet purchases, not to you and me

i think the 300c would be a better cruiser.

Back