Barefoot?

Narwhal

Registered
What is your feeling about driving barefoot? Everyone knows it's illegal but I heard race driving shoes are designed to give the driver a more natural barefoot feel on the pedals. Does anyone here ever drive barefoot? Do you feel you have more control,less control or the same amount of control? And if you drive barefoot do you tend to drive slower since you can't put as much pressure on the brake if there's an emergency? I'm a new driver and just curious.

RE: Barefoot?

I'll drive barefoot every now and then. As far as i know, it's not illegal. I had a drivers safety course after a ticket one time, and i know this question came up, and i'm pretty sure the cop teaching the class said it was okay. I don't see why you couldn't put just as much pressure on the pedal in case of emergency anyway. You have power brakes, it's not like you can't bottom out the brake pedal barefoot. If anything, it would be safer because it wouldn't take me as long to move my big ol' size 13 off the gas and onto the brake.

I drive barefoot all the time. I have wide feet, and its tough to find shoes my size, so im always in sandles. It used to be illegal here in florda, but not anymore.

haha I think I'd laugh at him if he wrote me a ticket for being barefoot. Florida Does have some wierd laws though. lol I always wear sneakers anyways cept when im on long road trips. (Barefoot would seem so "unatural" to me) Then its socks on the gas pedal sneakers on floor. Or of course use the cruise controll, but mine hasnt worked since i bought the car 5 years ago.

1995 DK BLUE Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK BLUE Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK HONDA CBR 600RR

Back