Rear window seal care???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window seal care???

So the rear window seal on my new mark is in nearly perfect condition and I'd like to keep it that way. Any recommendations on a product to use on it? I was thinking armorall, lexol, or tire shine?

I'd like to keep this: (my 97)

And prevent this: (my 94)

photo hosting

Last edited by gbradleyb; 03-27-2017, 06:49 PM.

I don't know about lexol but I sure wouldn't use armorall for anything.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's UV exposure that does those things in.. So really, just keep it garaged as often as possible, and park in the shade.

You may want to mentally prepare for the day where you have to cut it off though. If you look at any modern car, that's how they're doing it now anyway.
      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RuGLYDE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	472642I cut it off on my 95, and plan on filling the void with a good black vinyl adhesive caulk. It's on the list, the one that keeps getting lost. I've been using NAPA's Ru GLYDE on rubber and vinyl stuff for years.
        94 MK VIII
        95 MK VIII
        98 MK VIII CE # 87
        04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

My top choices are 303 Aerospace Protectant or Mother's Protectant. Not sure if you're still on air, but the Aerospace is a good product to wipe the bladders down with.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSCmuscle View Post
            My top choices are 303 Aerospace Protectant or Mother's Protectant. Not sure if you're still on air, but the Aerospace is a good product to wipe the bladders down with.
            Sounds good, I'll use my 303 for my air springs. Thanks!
            -Bryan-
            1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and try the 303 since I've been wanting to get some for my dash anyway. Never thought about treating my bags. Anybody know the difference between 303 aerospace and 303 auto protectant? The auto protectant is everywhere and I've only found the aerospace online

Comment

Here's what I have on hand. The bottle on the right is older, but still the same product. My first guess was that the Automotive Protectant was the same product just packaged/marketed differently. After a little digging I found this http://www.autogeek.net/303-automotive-protectant.html which confirms my theory. I would just use what ever you can get your hands on.

*Just realized the picture is sideways, the bottle on top is my old stuff.*
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

That looks like a King Ranch seat...
                  Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                  2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

I wish!!! lol, just part of the living room sectional.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X