Eclipse GS=really slow

95MARK8LSC

Registered
I was at the car was on Sunday cleaning her all up and there was this kid there with two friends in his Eclipse GS....probably a 96 or so. It had a fart can and turbo/nitrous stickers, stick shift. I could hear them talking about asking somebody to race and I was curious if he really had a turbo or anything, so I asked him. He said, "Not yet, but it's turbo ready." Whatever that means. To me, if it doesn't have turbo, forget about the sticker, but anyways.....

So, I knew he would have no chance at beating me, but he seemed pretty eager to see how he stacked up against a V8. We ended up lining it up at a red light two times. He wanted his friend, who is a "better driver" to drive the second time, but the results were the same. I had 1/2 a car all the way through first, but by the time I hit third, he was basically a speck in my mirror.

Never again will I waste my time racing an Eclipse GS or even bothering to post about it, however due to my lack of races, never mind quality ones, I felt obligated to share. :) I don't know why they would even make such a slow sports car.

He told me that if he had a turbo, he could probably hang. I told him to let me know when that happens, but he should take the stickers off until then. He was a nice kid, so I didn't really talk any smack.

RE: Eclipse GS=really slow

LOL yeah..
i have a 99 Eclipse RS.. same as gs, just w/o all the stuff. so in ricer mantra it should be faster cause it weighs 150lbs less.. LOL

its a solid mid 16 sec car :D
add the fart pipe, take off a 1/2 sec cause you loose all torque..
and no, mine is stock, the fiance drives it...
turbo ready huh? well everything is turbo ready if you think about it..

RE: Eclipse GS=really slow

He said, "Not yet, but it's turbo ready."
He told me that if he had a turbo, he could probably hang.
100% ricer talk. They're the most fun to beat up on because you shatter their illusion that their car is something special. They have no idea, none, how a fast car really feels.

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1987 Mustang GT - Oxford White hatchback

Back