Shot the NOS tonight

Ponyfreak

Registered
got the 80 shot on and ran the red whore at the track with it.

Track conditions, were 60-63 degrees with 60 % humidity.
Track name was Edgewater here west of Cincinatti

Since I do not have a chip yet to take the rev limiter off, and firm up the tranny a little more, I decided not to use the N2O during the shifts for both the safty of the motor and tranny.

So here is the first run, I ran up against a GT with a shot of Nitrous. I beat him by a couple tenths. I do not know what size shot he was running. I drove 35 miles to the track, went through inpection, , ate a burger, then ran the car, she was still really warm on this run.

60ft 1.981
330 5.603
1/8 8.613
mph 82.50
1000 11.160
1/4 13.324
mph 104.32

I let off o nthe n20 for a while on the 1-2 shift. There was no wheel spin, and that launch I think was as good as this car will ever get with stock gears.

Second run was n/a, I lost the slip and do not remember the 330 and 1/8 times. Car had 1.5 hours to cool off for this run**

60ft 2.21XX
1/8
mph
1/4 14.17
mph 102.57

Last run was with the 80 shot again. Again got off the shot for the shifts.. I think some ricer left his bag of ice on his intake and dripped water on the track, and the track guy did nto see it. As you can see from the 60ft times, I spun like I was in the water trap. I can assure you once you hiot the gas tehn the nitrous, the tach climbs really fast, I almost hit the limiter casue of that stupid ass.

60ft 2.692
330 6.824
1/8 9.873
mph 82.29
1000 12.417
1/4 14.559
mph 105.34

Wil ltry to get a good pic of the slips and post them here tomorrow.

RE: Shot the NOS tonight

Only other differences from today and the last time i went ot the track were new spark plugs gapped for the NOS, and MSD spark plug wires. And the NOS of course.

Nice show Joe, but don't "bust it" yet, you've got to get to Carlisle next week (LOL) ;).

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING...

That is why the ET,s and MPH were higher than I anticipated. I took it easy on her. There was a lot more left in her. I wanted to try the N2o out, but was extra careful not to damage her so I could make it to carlsile. I won't mention any names, but Chris K called me many nmes for being so careful.

What brand kit did you use ?
Did you upgrade the fuel pump and add a regulator ?
Thanx,
Matt

Yup I called him a FEW different names.I also told him that if he broke it I would personally drive down from Carlisle and pick his butt up.

So after a few phone calls and a few names spewed he finally manned up and used it.Hell its only been on the car for a month or so.

.........I also told him that if he broke it I would personally drive down from Carlisle and pick his butt up..........

Now, would that be in a rental car? (LOL). Just kidding, you know I love ya' like a Son, both you and Torrie, if you need rides I'll be there like "Mom" again. ;)

** Bill **
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING...

Matt, I used a NOS 5115 kit. I did install a walboro 255l/hr fuel pump, and I do have a fuel pressure regulator and an autometer fuel pressure gauge.

That's friggin awesome to say the least. I just love the set-up that you have, especially since it is so stealthy. This looks like the only way to go in my book. Without spending $10,000 that is...

Great times. What else does the car have that has it running low 14's n/a? Was it dyno tuned?

Kale

no man, no tune, no chip no nothing. All it has is an intake that I ported, long tubes with full 2.5" exhaust, cam shim, Pro_m MAF, home made Cold air, and a tune up that i just did, wires, plugs, fuel filter/pump. I also mess around iwth hte fuel pressure with my adjsutable fuel pressure regulator. I have been taking some fuel pressure out to lean it out a bit.

THe car has full interior and everything at the track, I only take my tools and spare tire out when i go to the track.

Look for some 12.90-13.05 times with the 80 shot after carlsile. I will be putting my 3.55 gears in, geting a chip to take care of the tranny, and putting my super duper intake on soon.

Pretty sure that will get me in the 13.7-8's at the track n/a and in the 12's @109 for sure with the 80.

That's very cool! It's actually a setup someone could do without too much hassle or money.

Chip, NOS, MAF, pump and regulator and you are at 13 flat. I like it!

That's very cool! It's actually a setup someone could do without too much hassle or money.
Chip, NOS, MAF, pump and regulator and you are at 13 flat. I like it!

___ have to do moer than that to get 13 flat. At least gears. My two major mods are intake and headers.

Yes Bill.I got a rental car.When I sent you that message Ihad not made my reservation yet.I'm sorry I thought I had gotten back to you to let you know I had a ride.I hate relying on people for stuff like that.

Yes Bill.I got a rental car.When I sent you that message Ihad not made my reservation yet.I'm sorry I thought I had gotten back to you to let you know I had a ride.I hate relying on people for stuff like that.

You did Bud, I was just "funning" with you at Joe's expense. See you there :).

** Bill **

Back