Went to the track not too long ago and...

sc_steve

Registered
Hey all, I went to the track for the first time in my 93 mark viii a while ago and was wondering what you guys/girls think of my times and how I can improve on them. Also, where are the marks weak points (as far as performance goes... I'm still a noobie with these cars :D ) and what kind of improvement/gas milage loss would you expect from 3.73 gears?

best run of the night

r/t .822
60' 2.230
330 6.396
1/8 9.758 @ 73.48 mph
1000 12.610
1/4 14.992 @ 94.71 mph

all my other times were anywhere from 15.0-15.3

thanks,
-Steve

RE: Went to the track not too long ago and...

A lot depends on elevation and temperature/humidity. 14.9 is a good run, not the best we have seen, and not the worst either. You are at the top of the stockers with a run in the high 14s. If you ran that time in 100 degree heat at 2000ft elevation, that would be a GREAT time.

The cars weak point is down low, with its strength being the higher revs. Your 60-ft times are good, but you could drop another tenth and improve your times by a fraction. With drag radials, you could cut .2-.3 tenths.

With 3.73s and drag radials, running 2.0 60-ft times, you're in the mid 14s. I don't know exactly what your MPG drop wll be, but it won't be enough to regret doing the gear swap.

Kale

The best Ive heard of is 14.6 on a stocker.
I wish I were at a lower altitude.My first car went 15.1 with the traction control ON.But that was at our old track.My new car only went 15.8 And again I got my best times with TC ON.The car FEELS real strong though.It'll roast the tires in first and barks second real hard.But only to see high 15 second timeslips.
But I have some steep gears and a converter I just haven't found the time to install them yet.I also have a set of ET streets.I think that combo right there will drop me a full second.But at sea level with good air I think It would go low to mid 13s.

Being at a low altitude sure is nice. I was so sick and tired of running in the 15.8-16.XX in Casper. (5400 ft) Even my buddies modded cobra only pulled 13.8-14.0's up there. Before he took it up there it ran 12.8's in Florida. Being down low sure helps out ones self esteem.

Back