Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At the track

    Waiting 3 hrs for 1st round of t-n-t
    Attached Files
    Last edited by germansheperd; 02-01-2017, 06:53 PM.

  • #2
    Another

    Comment


    • #3
      Very nice! Looks like she belongs there.

      So what was your time?
      Eric
      -00 Honda Accord (The MPG'er)
      -97 Mark VIII Base (The Row'er)
      -95 Mark VIII LSC (The Go'er)
      -14 Model T touring (The Show'er)
      -Rebuilding the T

      Comment


      • #4
        sorry to be "that guy" but you got some wheels on backwards.
        1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Opal Opalescent on grey, 276/287
        1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Indigo Lights on black
        2002 Ford Focus SVT Sonic Blue on black

        Comment


        • #5
          The tracks by me don't open till mid-late March Trying for a 14.8 in spring before I start modding the car.

          Originally posted by chris2523 View Post
          sorry to be "that guy" but you got some wheels on backwards.
          HAHAHA it gives me a nervous twitch just looking at them!
          -Bryan-
          1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chris2523 View Post
            sorry to be "that guy" but you got some wheels on backwards.
            Lol its ok ill have it fixed tomorrow!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lvnmarks View Post
              Very nice! Looks like she belongs there.

              So what was your time?
              Thanks! I got it to go 14.90@94 stone stock. I cant remember what stock Gen 2s ran back in the day but it may have had a lil more left in it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                The tracks by me don't open till mid-late March Trying for a 14.8 in spring before I start modding the car.



                HAHAHA it gives me a nervous twitch just looking at them!
                at Atco or E-Town 14.8s would be a walk in the park. Heck if I would've shallow staged more I would've had it here in Ohio. You can do it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by germansheperd View Post
                  at Atco or E-Town 14.8s would be a walk in the park. Heck if I would've shallow staged more I would've had it here in Ohio. You can do it.
                  Yeah I've only ran it at Island and had pretty bad traction issues. Came up with a best of 15.16@93.46mph. Did you do any manual shifting? Tire pressures? Anything different than on the street?
                  Last edited by SCTBIRD1173; 02-03-2017, 09:01 AM.
                  -Bryan-
                  1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                    Yeah I've only ran it at Island and had pretty bad traction issues. Came up with a best of 15.16@93.46mph. Did you do any manual shifting? Tire pressures? Anything different than on the street?
                    Left in drive OD off, T/C off, 20psi rear.
                    I've run both those tracks and I liked E-Town better. Both can get great DA that I can't get here in Ohio. I really believe it is a 14.6-14.7 car over there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WOW, either my runs were terrible or your car is much faster than mine. I have 106k on mine now, whats on yours? I'll probably hit up Island again in the spring since I can make a lot more passes than at E-Town and it's a little closer too. I'll also try to get to Atco too as I've never been there, but it's a bit more of a ride from me. I hear Maple Grove in PA is a good track too.
                      -Bryan-
                      1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                        WOW, either my runs were terrible or your car is much faster than mine. I have 106k on mine now, whats on yours? I'll probably hit up Island again in the spring since I can make a lot more passes than at E-Town and it's a little closer too. I'll also try to get to Atco too as I've never been there, but it's a bit more of a ride from me. I hear Maple Grove in PA is a good track too.
                        My car has a lil over 32k miles on it. Fairly low considering the year.
                        E-Town hooks well and fantastic air.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Very nice!
                          Last time I went to a test and tune at E-Town (a few years back) I got 2 runs in I've always said it's more like a staging lane car show then a drag strip. It is a very nice facility though.

                          Thanks for all your help! What was your best 60ft of the night?
                          -Bryan-
                          1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                            Very nice!
                            Last time I went to a test and tune at E-Town (a few years back) I got 2 runs in I've always said it's more like a staging lane car show then a drag strip. It is a very nice facility though.

                            Thanks for all your help! What was your best 60ft of the night?
                            Eh 2.13 and a 2.17 on those garbage Mastercraft tires.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X