hey guys im new here

7 sek mark

Registered
hey i have ben driving my dads mark8 for about a month or so sence i got my licance and i think it will be my christmas gift this year so i cant wate. as of right now the only trac its ben on is the lakeland strip witch is a 1/8 mile with ok grip and she went 9.7 @ 75 mph. it its future are: 3.73's, chip, 2500-3500(not shure yet)stall converter, headders and full ehuast, and soem nice meats for her. I hope to make it to the desoto 1/4 soon. a friend and I wheir going to go tonight but it was closed x( but oh wheel maby some time after new years i hope!!!

happy christmas and a merry new years to all of yal and happy racing!!

RE: hey guys im new here

hey huys i cant wate to join yal at yals meets. I bet money that im the yungest mark owner at the meets (17 yrs old) i also cant wate to start moding my car its gonna be fun!!

Tell us something about your ride.
I have a '98 Mark VIII base, Ivory tri-coat. Just got a MMC (balanced) driveshaft for it, some front end work, tranny cooler. I plan to put some 3.73's in it soon.

I've got a 97 Mark VIII base, Silver/gray. It has the following mods: 3.73 gears & traction lock; 1 piece driveshaft from a 93 Mark; 3000 stall torque converter; Jerry's trans mods & B&M trans cooler; BFG drag radials; ART long tube headers & stainless 2.5" dual exhaust; 1 large 2in-2out Magnaflow & 2 Edlebrock RPM mufflers; underdrive pullies; C&L mass air & K&N cone filter; cold air box feeding from under the fender; 2 step cooler plugs; dynotune by Jerry.

All this has taken me from a 15.4 et to a 14.077 et.

hey i have a 94 mark back white ont side gray inside its all stock right now but i plan to work hard over the summer and get 3.73's 3000 or so converter, chip, headders, full exuast, maby some slicks or drag raidels and maby a 75-100 shot of "juce" i doint like using it cuz its cheating but if it will get me into the 7's then ill use it some (ps i run the 1/8th mile its all we have here) as she sets now stock my best run is a 9.77 @ about 75 mph my goal for the car is a 7 sek 1/8th mile witch should be like a 12 1/4 or so but ill see

hey does any one make any headers that fit the mark bedides the kook ones for $580 any cheaper ones?

Dan down in Miami makes long tube headers for Marks but they're not cheap. He has some nice cat back exhaust's that are reasonably priced. Modifying your Mark is NOT cheap. He's got a Mark VIII that should run the 1/8th in 7 seconds or less. His company is ART and you can reach him here: www.speedfreak.cc

Back